Just when you thought Canada would be safe from Kiwi pilots
Posted by te2ataria on February 26, 2013
Kiwi man charged with criminal negligence causing death of a Mexican student
A New Zealand hang-gliding pilot is being charged with criminal negligence causing death of a Mexican student who plunged to her death on a tandem flight with him in Canada, according to a report.
“Lenami Godinez-Avila, 27, fell 300 metres to her death shortly after takeoff from a mountainside near the community of Agassiz last April.”
Orders was charged with criminal negligence causing death on Friday. He was already facing an obstruction of justice charge for allegedly swallowing a memory card that was believed to contain a video of the fatal flight.
The Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association of Canada says that the victim wasn’t properly harnessed to the glider before takeoff.
Another Korean Tourist Killed in Hobbit Land
A Korean man on holiday in New Zealand was killed [died] in Mackinnon Pass on the Milford Track on Saturday, February 23.
The victim allegedly suffered cardiac arrest, according to a report.
- Killed in New Zealand: Aussie soldier, Israeli CEO, Chinese teen…
- Young Indian man “most likely burned alive”: NZ police
- United in Death: What do an Aussie swimmer, a Chinese granny and an English biker have in common?
- German tourist, female visitor killed in New Zealand
- Another Indian, another Chinese student, another Samoan killed in NZ