Two out of five impoverished kiwi kids live in working families
Posted by te2ataria on December 9, 2013
For each kiwi child in poverty, NZ Govt spends $20,000 on the military [to stop Ottoman Empire advancing on Otago!]
Increasingly, many more children living in crammed homes are ending up in hospital, according to a new report.
“I see these poor preschool children in crowded homes that are cold and damp coming in with skin infections. They are filling our wards,” Children’s Commissioner Russell Wills, a Hawke’s Bay paediatrician, said.
“The report, called the Child Poverty Monitor, was commissioned by Dr Wills after the Government rejected calls to start a comprehensive measure of child poverty, according to a report.
STATE OF CHILD POVERTY
- 265,000 children live in poverty, defined by income.
- 1 in 3 Maori and Pacific children live in poverty.
- 1 in 7 European children live in poverty.
- 1 in 6 struggle to afford basic necessities such as healthcare and clothing.
- 1 in 10 suffer from severe poverty, lacking basic necessities and adequate income.
- 3 out of 5 will be living in poverty for much of their childhood.
- 2 out of 5 impoverished kids living in working families.
- 51 per cent are from sole parent families.
- 60 per cent are from beneficiary families.
In Mr Key’s New Zealand …
- Ignorance is Strength
- Freedom is Slavery
- War is Peace
- Military Spending Tops Social Priorities
- At Least265,000 children live in poverty [Previously 219,627 New Zealand Children Live in Poverty]
- New Zealand has the highest rates of VIOLENT CRIMES in the “developed world”
- kiwis are the 2nd most spied-on people, afters the Brits
- The dumbass kiwis are last to know
- It’s simple arithmetic: As New Zealand’s military spending increases, so does the number of its children living in poverty!
- New Zealand is the 8th Happiest Country [among those with the highest suicide rates]
How do they do it?
NZ PM Key and his corrupt government spend massive sums of money commissioning FAKE feel-good polls/reports.
- IN NEW ZEALAND POVERTY IS HAPPINESS!!
- Wealth Gap in New Zealand at All-Time High
- Two-thirds of young NZers are suicidal
- Congratulations Mr Key!