At least four killed on New Zealand roads in less than 24 hours
Posted by te2ataria on February 6, 2016
Police forced to release road fatality details amid yet another carnage
Yesterday, DAY 49 – The latest NEWS BLACKOUT campaign continues in NZ, we said:
Truth or Tourism?
- Truth: The chances of a road fatality occurring on NZ roads today is up to 99 per cent.
- Tourism: The chances of a road fatality being reported by police today is less than 1 per cent.
Sure enough, at least four people were killed on New Zealand roads in less than 24 hours since, with many others sustaining serious/critical injuries. And the high-profile multiple fatalities forced the police to release some of the details. http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/76648101/Four-dead-on-New-Zealand-roads-in-less-than-24-hours
Latest road casualties:
Three people critically injured in serious crash that closes Karangahake Gorge
Three people are critically injured after a serious crash in Karangahake Gorge at 1.45pm – the second crash in the same spot today. [policed have not revealed details of casualties in the first crash.] http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11585724
Another Two cars crash in same spot, in same week
“We seem to be collecting white cars,” said a homeowner, who wished not to be named. “We have lived here for 14 years and had 10 cars crash down here in that time — one through the garage.”
Two critical, one serious after car rolls north of Auckland
Two people were in a critical condition and a third person received serious injuries after a crash on Whangaripo Valley Rd, near Wellsford about 1am on Saturday, police said. http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/76645304/Two-critical-one-serious-after-car-rolls-north-of-Auckland
[MULTIPLE] Crashes keep police and fire crews busy in the north
- A woman received moderate injuries after the car she was in rolled on Mahurangi East Rd in Snells Beach shortly before 7am.
- In another crash a car rolled onto its roof. Initial reports said the driver of the car was trapped in the vehicle on Clifton Rd [fate unknown.]
- Shortly before midnight on Friday in yet another incident a car rolled on Whangaripo Valley Rd, north of Auckland. The three occupants were taken to Auckland Hospital, two with critical injuries and one in a serious condition.
- A pedestrian was left in a critical condition after being hit by a car in Mangere, South Auckland about 1am on Saturday. http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/76645498/Crashes-keep-police-and-fire-crews-busy-in-the-north
Pedestrian critical after being hit by car in South Auckland
A pedestrian is in a critical condition after being hit by a car in South Auckland. http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/76645359/pedestrian-critical-after-being-hit-by-car-in-south-auckland
Several people injured in four-vehicle Waikato crash
A man suffered serious chest injuries in a four-vehicle crash in Waikato , and several others sustained unspecified injuries. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11585304
Mother of Chinese woman killed in a car crash: ‘What happened has really destroyed my family’
Grieving parent of a Chinese woman killed in a car crash last year says the death has broken her family and NZ’s police have been too soft on the driver responsible. Huan Na, 23, and her friend Zhuangya Xu, also 23, were killed, while their friend and workmate Zhentai Qi was critically hurt [her fate is currently unknown.] http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11584701
Related links to MSM:
- Double fatal: One victim still to be identified
- Fatal crash near Ohakea
- One man dead after fatal motorcycle crash in New Plymouth
- Tourist crosses centre line, crashes into car on West Coast
- Thousands of litres of milk lost as tanker rolls
- Crashes keep police and fire crews busy in the north
Christchurch Gondola breaks down trapping [scores of tourists] in 16 cabins
Christchurch Police are yet to establish how many people are trapped in gondolas at Christchurch Gondola in Heathcote Valley. https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/christchurch-gondola-breaks-down-trapping-people-in-16-cabins
South Auckland death ‘not suspicious’: police [This is serious NZ police craft at work .]
There are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the sudden death of a man in South Auckland last night, police say, despite initial reports of a row and a neighbour claiming she heard someone yelling “I killed him”. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11585576
Auckland Domain roads closed after serious assault
Police said they didn’t known how the man received his injuries. Victim was initially described as being in a critical condition, although police later said he had improved slightly (!)http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/295871/auckland-domain-roads-closed-after-serious-assault
Ministry of Transport (heavily doctored) Road Toll:
|Road deaths year to date|
|As at 05 February 2016||33|
|Same time last year||28|
|Fatal crashes year to date|
|As at 05 February 2016||30|
|Same time last year||27|
- Blog estimate: [most probably] up to 109 road fatalities have occurred in NZ since 1 January 2016.