Stung by a wasp, bitten by a spider
Posted by te2ataria on February 20, 2016
Two people hospitalised after a wasp sting and a spider bite over the past 24 hours
Two people have been hospitalised after incidents involving spiders and wasps over the past 24 hours.
- A 6-year-old girl was flown to Waikato Hospital with an infection after she was bitten by a white-tailed spider on Friday night.
- A 53-year-old man who was stung by a wasp and had an allergic reaction was flown to Rotorua Hospital. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11592970
Today’s Drip News
- Tourists call 111 after finding wasps in their campervan in Marlborough
- Two cases of Zika virus confirmed in Ashburton
DAY 65 of latest NEWS BLACKOUT campaign in NZ
Ministry of Transport has finally managed to suppress year to date road toll to levels below the fatality numbers reported for the same period last year. About two-thirds of the road fatalities in New Zealand remain unreported by police, or unrecorded by Minitru.
Ministry of Transport (heavily doctored) Road Toll:
|Road deaths year to date|
|As at 19 February 2016||44|
|Same time last year||47|
|Fatal crashes year to date|
|As at 19 February 2016||39|
|Same time last year||41|
- Blog estimate: [About 900 people are killed on NZ roads each year] most probably, up to 128 road fatalities have occurred in NZ since 1 January 2016.