Slavery in New Zealand increasing with more migrants exploited
Posted by te2ataria on June 1, 2016
Tip of the Iceberg: New Zealand has an estimated 800 people living in modern day slavery —survey
New Zealand has an estimated 800 people living in modern day slavery, an international slavery survey says.
The 2016 Global Slavery Index examines practices such as forced labour, human trafficking, child exploitation and forced marriage, surveying 43,000 people in 25 countries.
The number of people living in slavery in New Zealand has increased from 600 in the 2014 Global Slavery Index.
Slavery was most common in New Zealand’s fishing, dairy, agriculture, construction and hospitality industries.
“All of these are prone to labour exploitation,” said Don Lord, chief executive of human trafficking and slavery awareness organisation Hagar.
- One in 10 sex slaves worldwide work in New Zealand [and Australia,] or in ‘prison-brothels’ located on various pacific Islands that are owned or protected by New Zealand [and Australia.]
- Nearly every single kiwi fruit, apple, tomato… grown in New Zealand is picked by a “modern-day” slave.
- The maths is simple, work it out for yourself! [Tonnes of fruit picked number of hours worked, amount paid per hour, amount deducted for finders’ fee, accommodation, food …]
Homeless Crisis in NZ
Marae calls for army to help with homeless crisis
Isn’t it time to put NZ Army to some good use?
The South Auckland Marae that has taken in 54 homeless families is calling for the armed forces to help out with the housing crisis.
Te Puea Marae in Mangere Bridge says it is now full and has 12 families on a waiting list.
“We really would like those in authority to lift this to another level,” Marae chairman Hurimoana Dennis told reporters today.
“Why can’t the armed services be brought in to create a staging area where people can stay?” he asked.
“The weather being what it is, it would be helpful if we had a temporary marquee and some help with some cooking and stuff as well.
“There are facilities across Auckland which could be used, even for a period of time, so that families can be housed.
“I think it should be top of everyone’s list because this is New Zealand 2016, we shouldn’t be having this problem.” http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/news/national/marae-calls-for-army-to-help-with-homeless-crisis/
Homeless family with a premature baby sleeping rough in an Auckland marae
The child’s family was sleeping rough for the past 18 months, mostly around Whakatane. http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/80604888/Homeless-family-with-a-premature-baby-sleeping-rough-in-an-Auckland-marae
Man v. Train
One killed, another critical after being hit by trains in Auckland
- The victim is the second person to be struck by a train in the city on Tuesday. http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/80605865/One-critical-after-being-hit-by-train-in-Auckland
- Earlier on Tuesday, around 7am, a person had died after being hit by a train in an east Auckland suburb.
Made in Frigging China
Chinese steel fails strength test [Is there any product out of frigging China that works?]
“Roading bosses are defending their quality control standards after 1,600 tonnes of Chinese steel destined for a major Waikato project was found to be below standard.” http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/80635517/Chinese-steel-fails-strength-test
How many more dog bites will it take?
Pit bull to be destroyed after attacking woman in Marlborough
“A pit bull is to be put down after attacking a guest in its owner’s house. The female guest, a friend of a boarder at the house, was taken to hospital with serious injuries after the family pet bit her arm. Blenheim woman Naomi Tebbutt said the boarder had invited the woman over without telling her or her husband (WTF!) Their pit bull Dozer came in the back door and latched onto her arm.” http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/80610562/Pit-bull-to-be-destroyed-after-attacking-woman-in-Marlborough
Woman attacked by dog north of Wellington
Man V. Defective Cars, Deadly Roads, DUI…
Seven injured in crash near Makarora
Seven people have been injured, three of them seriously, in a crash north of Makarora this afternoon. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11648901
No Road Fatalities Were Allowed Today!!
Truth hurts New Zealand tourism…
Today is DAY 167 of the latest NZ TOURISTS or truth? (police censorship of road fatalities) campaign
- Blog estimate: About 900 people are killed on NZ roads each year. [Most probably] up to 376 road fatalities have occurred in NZ since 1 January 2016
- No of road fatalities recorded by Minitru: 140
How do they do it?
Police manipulate the road toll by censoring reports of fatal crashes, while the Ministry of Transport simply delete the unwanted road fatalities, even from their own published records.
- Miracles in Godzone: Police, Transport Ministry bring back to life two more dead motorists!