Scores of body bags leave New Zealand each year
Posted by te2ataria on July 4, 2016
At least 199 dead bodies left for overseas, and hundreds more arrived in New Zealand last year
According to the heavily doctored data provided by the government some 199 people left New Zealand in cadaver pouches or caskets, in the year to May.
More than 35,000 flights arrived into New Zealand in the year, and probably as many left the country in the same period.
At least 191 of those flights carried 199 dead bodies out of New Zealand, while 501 flight, carrying 539 dead bodies landed in the country, said Customs acting communications director Helen Keyes.
The majority of body repatriations came from Australia, said Gee and Hickton Funeral Directors general manager.
- Body Bags
- Swiss tourist to return home in a body bag
- Another Chinese Woman Leaves New Zealand in a Body Bag
- Australian tourist to go home in body bag
- Italian ski instructor killed in New Zealand
- Canadian Tourist Killed in Waikato
- Another Wave of Tourist Deaths Hits New Zealand
- Search blog for “killed in NZ”, “body bag”, “tourist killed”…