Safe in New Zealand: At least 500,000 offences were committed last year
Posted by te2ataria on August 2, 2016
Sent by a reader in Crime City [aka, NZ’s Murder Capital]
Violent crimes surging [Even the doctored data looks BAD!]
There were 451,405 offences committed in 2009, compared with 431,381 in 2008 and 426,380 in 2007. [The figures released for subsequent years proved to be far less reliable.]
Based on the surging crime trends, at least 500,00 offences were committed in the year to end June 2016.
- NZ population: 4,703,824
- [Population aged between 15 and 60: 2,869,000]
- No. of crimes committed per 10,000 people: 1,063
Police figure: 24,035 violent crimes in NZ in public places last year(!)
“Auckland city, the largest metropolitan area in New Zealand, has more incidents of assaults, sexual assaults and robberies in public.” However, the homicide figures for 2015 were NOT revealed. http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/79704084/New-Zealand-rates-for-assaults-sexual-assaults-and-robberies-in-2015-mapped
There were 3,000 more assaults in 2015-2016 compared to the previous year, said a Labour MP. “That’s a six per cent rise in just 12 months. Serious assaults resulting in injury are up by 4 per cent,” Nash said. http://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-news/news/82720247/crime-is-on-the-rise-and-the-government-needs-to-take-action-labour-party-says
- Extreme Violence Now Endemic in New Zealand 
- According to a report released in 2009, New Zealand youth had the highest rates of mental illness, suicide, teen pregnancy and suffer more injuries than the youths in all other OECD countries.
- New Zealand has the highest rate of RAPE in the [“developed”] world. Only 9 percent of rapes [and sexual crimes] are reported [registered by the police] in New Zealand according to government figures. Of the reported cases, only 13 percent end in a conviction. Therefore, 91 percent of the rapes either go unreported, or the victims are intimidated by the police to drop complaints.