Will we ever know the true extent of suicide problem in New Zealand?
Posted by te2ataria on November 11, 2016
Sent by a reader in NZ’s Suicide Capital
MoH releases heavily manipulated suicide rates
- The female suicide rate was more than twice the male rate.
- The highest rate among females was for those aged 15 to 19.
- There were 508 suicides in 2013, said the Ministry of Health (MoH) in its annual report.
- The age-standardised suicide rate was also manipulated to 11 deaths per 100,000 population, allegedly down from the 1998peak rate of 15.1.
- There were 541 suicides for 2012/13, 529 for 2013/14 and 579 for 2015/16, according to the coroners’ [still] provisional statistics.
- There were 7,267 hospital admissions for intentional self harm in 2013, or a rate of 176.7 per 100,000 population.
- Despite the highly manipulated suicide stats in New Zealand… We have the highest rate of teen suicide in the developed world.
Other News in Drips…
YTD road toll according to the Ministry of Transport (Minitru)