Second body washes up on Muriwai Beach
Posted by te2ataria on December 24, 2016
Yet another body found on Muriwai beach
Saturday, 24 December 2016 – Waitemata – Two bodies have washed up on Muriwai Beach since Wednesday.
A man’s body washed up on Muriwai Beach, north-west of Auckland at approximately 10:25am this morning, police said.
A member of the public called Police after discovering the body. Formal identification and a post-mortem will be carried out tomorrow. http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/body-found-muriwai-beach-0
On Wednesday, another body washed up on Muriwai Beach
A member of the public discovered a body washed up on Muriwai Beach, north-west of Auckland on Wednesday
“No formal identification has taken place however we believe it is the body of a 24-year-old man who went missing on Saturday while swimming at Piha Beach.” http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/body-found-muriwai-beach
Body recovered from Wainui River, Whakamarama, [Bay of Plenty of Deaths]
A person has died after getting into trouble earlier this afternoon in the Wainui River, Whakamarama, police said. “Emergency services were notified at 1.35pm that a person had slipped into a water hole while walking down to the river with two friends.
Earlier this month…
- Another young German woman killed in New Zealand. The latest victim of Ninety Mile Beach drowning was a German woman. Carolin Klara Emma Jentsch, 23, drowned at Ninety Mile Beach on Wednesday 14th of December 2016, police said.
If you sit by a NZ river, or on a beach, long enough…The bodies of tourists will float by…
- Hamilton. A woman has been transported to Waikato Hospital in a critical condition after she was hit by a car on Hukanui Road, Hamilton around 9:30pm tonight.
- Takapuna. A woman who was injured Friday evening after being struck by a car in Taharoto Road, Takapuna has died as a result of her injuries.
- One critical after Blockhouse Bay crash http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11772621
- Police investigate shooting in Mangere Police are making enquiries after a 20 year-old man received a gunshot wound to the cheek in Mangere early this morning.The man was taken to Middlemore Hospital with serious facial injuries and is currently in a critical condition. http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/police-investigate-shooting-mangere
- Another “sudden death” in New Zealand: Waihi mother has no idea why her toddler died http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/87929948/A-Waihi-mother-has-no-idea-why-her-toddler-died
Three Sri Lankan refugees killed in S. Auckland house fire
New Zealand refugee advocate Kailesh Thanabalasingham lost his wife, 39, son, 5, and mother-in-law, 66, in a fatal house fire on Thursday. His 11-year-old daughter and 69-year-old father-in-law escaped the fire in the south Auckland suburb of Flat Bush.
“Thanabalasingham, who was critically injured in the blaze, is the secretary of the Refugee Council of New Zealand and arrived in New Zealand 10 years ago as a refugee from Sri Lanka.” http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/87846283/three-people-dead-after-auckland-fire
It’s unclear whether the deadly fire was accidental or a racially motivated attack.
“Police do not believe the fire was suspicious however the cause is still unknown.” They released the statement almost immediately after the tragedy, before the fire service had a chance to “investigate” the cause. http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/update-2-fatal-house-fire-flat-bush-auckland
How Many Foreigners Killed in NZ Since 2000?
More than 3,500 overseas visitors, international students, foreign workers, recent emigrants and refugees have lost their lives and 20,000 others seriously injured in New Zealand since year 2000.