If New Zealand is a happier country than Australia…
Posted by te2ataria on January 18, 2017
Sent by a reader, edited by Moderator N.
Then why, oh why, every kiwi dreams of moving their shit across the ditch???
Happy Planet Index has ranked Australia as the 105th happiest country, out of 140, and New Zealand, wait for it, 67 places higher at 38th.
Why is it then everyone and their uncles in this country dream of moving to Australia one day?
[The pathetic, totally discredited World Happiness Report, most probably paid for out of the UN funds by a certain senior official, had previously ranked NZ in the top 10 happiest country, but just one place ahead of Australia.]
NZ scored poorly on the ecological footprint, ranking 119th, but ahead of Australia at 139th out of 140.
The swine-sewage-infested Luxembourg came last on the ecological footprint front, and was the 139th candidate overall, just one place ahead of the “worst” country, Chad.
“The Happy Planet Index measures what matters: sustainable wellbeing for all” according to its website.
“Wealthy Western countries, often seen as the standard of success, do not rank highly on the Happy Planet Index.”
“Instead, several countries in Latin America and the Asia Pacific region lead the way by achieving high life expectancy and wellbeing with much smaller Ecological Footprints.
“The Happy Planet Index provides a compass to guide nations, and shows that it is possible to live good lives without costing the Earth.”
Happy Planet Index: Top 20 Happiest Countries
1. Costa Rica
2. Mexico [Is Trump a factor?]
3. Colombia [YKM?]
4. Vanuatu [Only if you can,t live without earthquakes!]
5. Vietnam [REALLY?]
6. Panama [Will they pay you?]
7. Nicaragua [JIO]
8. Bangladesh [YFKM?]
9. Thailand [Are you a sex pervert?]
10. Ecuador [Doing more with less?]
11. Jamaica [What did you inhale for breakfast?]
12. Norway [Do not marry locally!]
13. Albania [Ouch!]
14. Uruguay [Rrrrrrrrrrrr…]
16. Indonesia [What about China?]
17. El Salvador [Any shred of evidence?]
18. The Netherlands [Promiscuity a factor?]
19. Argentina [And Chile?]
20. The Philippines [How many hurricanes does it take to change your mind?]