Zombie Democracy – Apartheid Fort NZ

Welcome to the World's Deadliest Tourist Attraction – The Final Destination!

Archive for the ‘food safety’ Category

Dogs in Rigor Mortis and Dead Pilchards…

Posted by te2ataria on August 5, 2009

sent by Auckland Beachcomber [Edited by TEAA]

Poxy New Zealand: The Land of Mysterious Deaths

Dogs in Rigor Mortis and Dead Pilchards Washing Up on New Zealand Beaches

[In case you missed the above sign,] Welcome to New Zealand!

How may we kill you?

The mighty 1080? Meningitis? Plague?  Chemical poisoning? Dioxin? Pesticide poisoning? Sewage Death? Saxitoxin poisoning? Algal bloom poisoning?  Listeriosis? Salmonella? E.coli? Campylobacte? The old-fashioned violent murder? [Or would you prefer driving a defective rental car on our death roads?]

There’s always something deadly in our waters, waiting to get you!

dogs_300x200
A sign at Takapuna Beach warns owners to keep their dogs off the beach until further notice. Photo /Greg Bowker. Image may be subject to copyright.

Two dozen dogs are dead and many more  are sick with a mystery illness after visiting Auckland’s North Shore City beaches.

The beaches were the dogs caught the deadly illness include Narrowneck Beach,  Browns Bay and Waiheke Island.

And if that wasn’t bad enough to impress the visitors, dead pilchards have been washing up on Whangaparaoa Peninsula and Martins Bay.

“It is too soon to tell if there is any connection between the dead fish and the dog illness, but given that they occurred in different locations, they are being treated as unrelated at this time.”  Reports said.

The Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry’s biodiversity division was reported as saying that said it had received numerous reports in recent weeks about dogs suffering from repeated vomiting. “While most have recovered quickly, it said some had developed seizures and died.”

MAF says it hasn’t a clue “as to what had caused the illnesses or deaths.”

“There has been nothing so far to indicate the situation is due to any form of chemical or pesticide poisoning.”

Come die an unnecessary death in New Zealand. There’s no other place quite like this sh*tpit!

Related Links:

Posted in food safety, Hauraki Gulf beaches, Killed in New Zealand, Takapuna Beach, Waiheke Island, water safety | Tagged: , , , , , , , , , | 2 Comments »

Stay Healthy! Say NO to Fonterra Products!

Posted by te2ataria on February 21, 2009

submitted by a reader

The bloody Government has known about the contamination since February 11, the bloody Food Safety Minister says

Another melamine scare involving Fonterra

February 21, 2009,
Source: http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/5335459/melamine-scare-involving-fonterra/

There is another melamine contamination scare involving Fonterra milk products.

An iron supplement added to 12 fortified milk powder products has been found to be contaminated. It comes from a company in Germany.

Fonterra says it has stopped using the supplement, and is sourcing a replacement.

Food Safety Minister Kate Wilkinson says tests show no melamine above the regulatory safe levels has made its way into the food chain. She says by the time it makes its way into the final product it is so diluted down it falls below detectable levels, and there is no risk to the public.

Kate Wilkinson says the Government has known about the scare since February 11, but kept quiet while tests were being done to avoid panic. She says it was important to get all the tests done properly, and that the product was isolated to make sure it was not getting onto shop shelves. Copyright author or the news agency.

Related Links:

Fonterra Files

Posted in food safety, Kate Wilkinson, melamine contamination, NZ govt, public health | Tagged: , , , , | Leave a Comment »

Violent Crimes and Pollution in New Zealand: UP!

Posted by te2ataria on October 2, 2008

submitted by a reader

UP Goes the No. of Violent Crimes in Poxy New Zealand!

146 violent crimes each day [up from 130 per day in 2007]

Police crime statistics [though heavily massaged] for the year ending June 30 revealed: 

  • 11 percent jump in violent crime in New Zealand
  • 53,436 violent incidents in the same 12 months period [5,878 MORE violent incidents than previous 12 months ]
  • 52 percent increase in recorded youth crime compared with 8 years ago up from 3,301 to 5,029 violent offences (Source)

Meanwhile thanks to Fonterra [yes, the same people involved in Fonterra-Sanlu tainted baby formula corporate manslaughter case in China,] New Zealand’s waterways are more of a sewage dump than they were 5 years ago.

The Forest & Bird and Fish & Game reported that the Dairying and Clean Streams Accord, which was signed in 2003 by [corporate homicide agents] Fonterra and the [criminal] government of New Zealand, “had not only failed to improve water quality but … rivers and streams had worsened.”

The “Accord” was aimed at improving the quality of New Zealand waterways by reducing the huge volumes of dairy effluent and nutrients currently entering them.

The water quality in rivers and streams of Waikato region, which is home to about 50 percent of the country’s dairy farms, has substantially deteriorated. The high level of bacterial pollution has made the water dangerous for stock to drink, and for people to swim.  (Sources include NZPA.)

Posted in food safety, health, New Zealand, Tourism, water pollution | Tagged: , , , , | Leave a Comment »

Fonterra: 43 percent Liable, 100 percent Moral Cowards!

Posted by te2ataria on September 20, 2008

Update Sept 22-08: Sanlu Was First Banned in 2004, then Reinstated

submitted by a reader

Fonterra directors have committed corporate manslaughter (homicide).

Are the moral cowards at Fonterra now hiding behind the Crown trying to avoid liability for corporate manslaughter by putting the blame on New Zealand Embassy whose moral cowards are protected by diplomatic immunity?

Could it be that the Chinese authorities are so stupid they might buy into this “he said, she said” farce?

If the Chinese government were free of gangsters and racketeers (wishful thinking),  they would charge the  Sanlu-Fonterra joint venture board with corporate manslaughter, allow class action against the joint venture and its directors in China and New Zealand,  and  disqualify all persons and companies involved in the deadly corporate negligence case, especially the Fonterra directors, from doing business ever again in their country.

The Facts:

  1. The Sanlu-Fonterra Board knew about the poisoned baby formula as early as first week in March, 2008.
  2. The resident SIS/Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade agents in China, New Zealand Embassy in Beijing, MFAT HQ in Wellington, Trade Minister Phil Goff and PM Helen Clark knew about the incident within days of Sanlu-Fonterra receiving their first complaints, possibly by as early as March 5, 2008.

Here’s a new version of their cock and bull story:

NZ Embassy waited for more Sanlu info

Saturday, 20 September 2008 – http://www.stuff.co.nz/4700010a11.html

New Zealand’s embassy in Beijing was first told by Fonterra in mid-August about reports of contaminated milk making babies sick, but lacked the information to make an official report, the foreign affairs ministry said today.

Green Party politicians say Fonterra should not have sat for six weeks on the knowledge that its Chinese joint venture, Sanlu, had sold milk powder that poisoned babies, killing four children and making thousands sick.

On August 14, Fonterra China gave an informal indication to a New Zealand embassy official about reports of a small number of sick children, and that 43-per cent Fonterra owned Sanlu appeared to have been receiving milk contaminated with melamine.

Five days later, Fonterra China sought advice from the embassy about how the Chinese government would respond to notification of a local health issue, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT) said today.

The embassy advised that the Chinese central government would normally be informed by local authorities.

On August 22, Fonterra advised the embassy that Sanlu had a problem with contaminated product, and that Fonterra had urged local authorities for a full product recall.

Over the next week, the embassy and Fonterra continued discussions about how the problem was being handled, with Fonterra providing confidential information including talks with Sanlu and local authorities.

“Notwithstanding some information gaps, the ambassador decided to inform the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade in Wellington of the situation as he understood it,” the ministry said.

The ambassador told the ministry that Fonterra appeared to have a sensitive problem, and the embassy would report formally when it was confident about the information it was receiving.

The embassy sent a report to the ministry which was received on September 1 and Trade Minister Phil Goff met MFAT officials the next day and sought further information and a briefing paper for ministers as soon as possible.

A formal report was finalised on September 5 and provided to key ministers that weekend, with Prime Minister Helen Clark directing officials to attend a special meeting of ministers on September 8.

“At the direction of ministers, instructions were given to the embassy in Beijing to contact relevant central government agencies in China to convey the views and concerns of the New Zealand Government.”

On September 9, the ambassador and other embassy staff called relevant agencies in China.

There had been daily updates and exchanges between the embassy and officials in Wellington since then, and New Zealand remained in close contact with the Chinese government, MFAT said.

“New Zealand has made a general offer of assistance if Chinese authorities needed anything from us – they have not requested anything at this point.”

The Chinese government has faced panicked parents and public dismay since officials and the Sanlu Group, the nation’s biggest maker of infant milk powder, last week revealed babies were sick with kidney stones and complications from drinking toxic powder.

Fonterra has said its directors were first told of the poisoned infant formula on August 2, and were unable to persuade Sanlu and local officials to make a public recall. It did not speak out publicly because it thought working within the Chinese system was the best way to get the poisoned product off the market.

A nationwide check has found melamine contamination in dairy products ran wider than the tainted milk powder that has sparked a widening scandal, with nearly 10 per cent of samples from China’s three top dairy companies found to be tainted.

Copyright the author or respective news agency.

Related Links:

Fonterra had Foreknowledge

Truth About New Zealand

Posted in attorney, class action, food safety, health, New Zealand | Tagged: , , , | 2 Comments »