Zombie Democracy – Apartheid Fort NZ

Welcome to World's Deadliest Tourist Destination! Toxic NZ visa priority: Spies, triads, assassins, sex traffickers, low IQ…

Posts Tagged ‘changing the reality’

Dead South Africans: The Spin Goes On!

Posted by te2ataria on September 9, 2008

Google’s internal KGB has blocked this post – Sept 13, 2008.

submitted by a reader

Another pathetic attempt to change the reality to fit the official account!

Read this first:Two South Africans Killed in New Zealand, Third Seriously Ill

Notice the new changes in the follow up story by the Dominion Post:

1. The Camping Ground Manager is now out of the story.

2. Alcohol is now a factor in the “dead men’s judgment.”

3. The barbecue has now shrunk to a new, “easily manageable” size, “small,” presumably as  small as they come. [Hint: It’s easier to carry a “small” barbecue into a tiny cabin than the usual size barbecue used on a camping ground?]

4. Sergeant Brent Wallace of Huntly, who is in charge of the “investigation,” quotes faceless witnesses at Ruapuke Beach Camping Ground who reported the men were drinking the night before their deaths.

5. “All they wanted was a little warmth but a bit of alcohol clouded their judgment,” Sergeant Brent Wallace said. [Slam, Bam, thank you brain-dead policeman!]

What’s wrong with Sergeant Wallace’s conclusion? [Hint: is to do with drinking alcohol and heat!]

Where is the grill? Where’s the unburnt charcoal and leftover ash?


Police remove the charcoal barbecue suspected of causing the death of the two men. Photo / Glenn Jeffrey, NZ Herald. Image may be subject to copyright.

More photos posted at Carbon monoxide tragedy at Ruapuke Beach

A note to the coroner: It would have been curious had the men died of causes other than carbon monoxide poisoning, despite the arrangement!

Here’s the new version of the story:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4685675a11.html

Alcohol a factor in gassing deaths

By BRITTON BROUNThe Dominion Post | Tuesday, 09 September 2008

Drinking may have clouded the judgment of two men who died of carbon monoxide poisoning when they used a barbecue to heat their tiny camping hut, police say.

A store manager from Howick in Auckland, 35, and a Hamilton stock-purchaser, 50, both originally from South Africa, died in their bunks early on Sunday after bringing a small charcoal-burning barbecue into their Waikato camping hut while on a fishing trip.

Their names should be made public today.

Jason Basson, 32, a South African who has been living in Hamilton, was found barely conscious lying with his nose against the hut door.

He was in a serious condition after a second oxygen treatment at Auckland’s Devonport Naval Base on Sunday.

Sergeant Brent Wallace of Huntly said witnesses at Ruapuke Beach Camping Ground reported the men were drinking socially the night before their deaths.

He believed alcohol might have contributed to their lack of forethought in bringing the barbecue inside.

“It’s an absolute warning of what can happen. It’s so easy. All they wanted was a little warmth but a bit of alcohol clouded their judgment,” he said.

Autopsies were completed on the two men yesterday – which indicated that carbon monoxide poisoning was the cause of death – and the cases were given to the coroner.

Police were still awaiting a toxicology report that would confirm the findings and reveal how much alcohol was in the men’s blood.

Mr Basson should remain in North Shore Hospital’s high-dependency unit for a few days before being transferred to Waikato Hospital.

Though in a serious condition, he is conscious and breathing unaided.

He has had two sessions in the navy’s hyperbaric chamber – normally used for divers with the bends – since being flown to Auckland on Sunday and may need more.

The three men, with two others in a different hut, had travelled to the campsite, southwest of Raglan, for a weekend of fishing while their wives attended a baby shower for Mr Basson’s wife in Hamilton.

Michael Beasley from the National Poisons Centre said Mr Basson was lucky to survive but could face long-term side effects.

“Age and health have a lot to do with how you cope. Someone who suffered carbon monoxide poisoning could have a change of personality, pins and needles, be unsteady on their feet or suffer depression.”

Symptoms of poisoning were unpredictable and could take months to develop. Though some people recovered quickly, others could take years, Dr Beasley said.

Carbon monoxide displaces oxygen in the bloodstream and deprives the heart, brain and other organs of oxygen. A person who is sleeping can die without showing symptoms. Copyright the author or the news agency.

Posted in Murder, New Zealand, Tourism, tourist, Tourist Deathtrap, Travel | Tagged: , , , , , , | 6 Comments »