Heavily Censored Road Fatality Reports
- No vehicle-related fatality reports allowed on Thursday.
- Based on insider information, statistical models and local news, WE believe about 900 people were killed [only 328 fatalities reported] and 8,000 others seriously injured on NZ suicide roads in 2016.
- To protect the tourist industry and massive foreign investment, however, about two out of every three road fatalities go unreported.
- 32 Foreigners killed in New Zealand in 32 days [Posted on January 25, 2017]
- Police told to keep their mouths shut about overseas licence holders
- Don’t reveal crash driver’s ethnicity, police told
Sent by a reader
“Couple resort to sleeping in library as capital’s rent crisis deepens”
What does a rigged economy look like???
“A graduate student spent a night sheltering in Victoria University’s library with her partner, amid reports of students couch-surfing, sleeping on floors and living in tents while they struggle to find homes.
“Georgia Irvine’s situation became so dire she considered quitting her job and moving out of the city – even writing her resignation letter on the morning when an flat offer finally came.”
“When there’s students [reportedly] living in tents you don’t need any more indication that there’s a rental crisis in the city,” said the president of Students’ Association at Victoria University of Wellington.
“The fact that the prime minister is saying it’s a ‘problem of success’ – that’s just ridiculous, because it may be that we are successful but how are you supposed to get students into the city to study when they have nowhere to live?” http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/education/90374040/couple-resort-to-sleeping-in-library-as-capitals-rent-crisis-deepens
Ministry of Transport Continues to Resurrect the Road Dead
For at least the seventh time this year, the Ministry of Transport in Orwellian New Zealand (Minitru) has omitted road fatalities from its daily report.
At least three of an unknown number of Wednesday’s road fatalities were reported by police on March 15; however, two of the dead have since been statistically resurrected by Minitru:
1. Fatal crash in Hawke’s Bay
One person was killed violently after the car he was driving was struck by a truck in Clive, Hawke’s Bay.
2. Fatal crash in Pukaki
“Police can confirm one of the two cyclists involved in a serious crash with a truck on Tekapo-Twizel Road this morning has died. “The second cyclist has been flown to Christchurch Hospital with critical injuries. The crash happened at about 6.20am this morning, near the Mount Cook turnoff in Pukaki.”
3. Fatal crash on SH2 / SH58 intersection, Lower Hutt, Wellington
A person was killed in a crash between a car and a truck at the intersection of State Highways 2 and 58, Lower Hutt this morning.
Images sourced from http://www.transport.govt.nz/research/roadtoll/