Zombie Democracy – Apartheid Fort NZ

World's Deadliest Tourist Destination! [Chinese triads, Thai sex traffickers, low IQ migs, peds, hitmen… welcome!]

Posts Tagged ‘Japanese students in New Zealand’

Christchurch Quake: NZ govt Doctoring the Figures

Posted by te2ataria on February 24, 2011

Quake Death Toll Up by Only 1 ?

NZ govt is up to its dirty old tricks again, doctoring the quake fatality figures

BREAKING NEWS: Prime Minister John Key has ridiculed suggestions that he should donate some of his ill-gotten wealth to the victims of Christchurch earthquake.

As of this morning, the quake death toll stood at 76, only one more than 24 hours ago.

Here’s a summary

  • Confirmed dead:  76 souls
  • Missing: Up to 238 people [actual figure may be as high as 500]
  • Seriously injured: 200
  • Total no of injured: up to 3,000
  • Police say 22 more bodies  are inside Christchurch’s Cathedral Square
  • Police said they will release a list of the dead and missing at 4.00pm (our time).
  • Police changed it **** mind saying they will release a list of the dead and missing at 6.00pm
  • The Fat Police Minister said: “We’ve got 76 at the morgue at the moment and more coming through.” [She didn’t say how many more.]

In line with New Zealand government policy of news blackout, two Japanese journalists were arrested last night when they tried to interview earthquake victims  in Christchurch Hospital.

Related News:

Related Links:

Posted in students killed in New Zealand, tourist death, tourist death toll, Tourists Killed in New Zealand | Tagged: , , , , | Leave a Comment »

Japanese Students Say “NO!” to New Zealand Homestay

Posted by te2ataria on May 6, 2009

sent by a reader

Thousands of Japanese homestay students have so far canceled winter trips to New Zealand

Thousands of Japanese homestay students have so far canceled winter trips to New Zealand, reportedly due to the flu scare.

It very reassuring that the PM John Key is unable to do simple arithmetical, despite years of working in a bank. John [Pinocchio] Key earlier asserted that “one or two” Japanese tourists had also canceled their visit to New Zealand, after learning that the Indian government had advised people not to travel to New Zealand.

“The cancellations are disastrous for homestay businesses and the hundreds of Waikato families who rely on homestay students for top-up income.” Waikato Times said.

“New Zealand was one of the first countries to have confirmed cases of swine flu and this was widely reported, and exaggerated, in overseas media.”

The truth is, “where there’s smoke… ” well you ought to know the rest of that!

“Cambridge-based farmstay business Rural Tourism Holdings is usually gearing up for large groups of Japanese students at this time of year, but the flu scare has them cancelling trips.” [Ouch!]

“Manager Melissa Earby said four groups, or 700 people, had canceled so far.” [And that’s in Waikato, alone!]

“We sat down yesterday and worked it out and each group cancelling costs us about $40,000,” Ms Earby said.

[That figure does not include the full impact on the false ‘economy,’ does it?]

“Half of the company’s business is based on Japanese tour groups, who land in Auckland, spend a few days on farm for the experience and head off to other regional tourist attractions, such as the Waitomo Caves.” WT reported.

“They’re reading headlines over there that are saying swine flu could potentially affect 50,000 New Zealanders, but that’s simply not the case,” Ms Earby said.

She said 300-plus families around the Waikato would miss out on homestay income. “We’ve seen this happen before with Sars and the bird flu. The Japanese, especially, are a cautious nation. They will cancel at the drop of a hat if they see any risk. You can’t blame them when you see those kind of headlines. We try and send that message out there, that we are a safe place, but it’s hard to change people’s views sometimes.”

[It’s amazing Ms Earby managed to say all of that without once insulting the Japanese!]

“Mountain View Farmstay in Tamahere had also fallen victim to the downturn in tourism interest, said owner Brenda Bern.”

“I’ve had three bookings from Japan cancelled. The three groups of four people were to stay three nights each on May 14, May 21 and the beginning of June.

“I’m very disappointed. It came through the travel agent, who did all they could to reassure them that it was safe.”

[They would try, wouldn’t they, those lying ****]

Let’s hope the Koreans, Chinese … read a page from the Indian and Japanese book of “Sensible Holidaying!”

And to all Asians who are in doubt about going to New Zealand:

Don’t cancel your trip just because of the flu scare, far worse evils await you in that country!

Related Links:

More  Links:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/news/2385210/Flu-bug-spooks-Japan-visitors

Posted in New Zealand tourism, Rural Tourism Holdings, swine flu, Tourist Deathtrap, travel New Zealand | Tagged: , , , | 32 Comments »