January 2012 saw the 2nd highest number of Kiwis ever emigrating to Australia
The mass exodus has seen a total of at least 119,000 kiwis, or three percent of the population, abandoning the sinking ship in the past 3 years.
Some 4,700 more New Zealanders left for Australia than arrived in January, taking the annual loss to a record 38,100 in the 12 month-period, according to Statistics New Zealand.
Readers unfamiliar with the Darkland will note that the population of this country is around 4 million.
[Despite the usual rumours, Tasman Sea did not part.]
Kiwis packing up and heading across the ditch to Australia has become an all too predictable trend under National, and will only worsen as further job cuts and public sector retrenchment is realised, says Labour’s Economic Development spokesperson David Cunliffe.
January 2012 saw the second-highest number of Kiwis emigrating to Australia ever.
“While National drives down wages and puts more people on the dole, Australia is offering secure jobs that pay well. For many, moving is a no-brainer,” David Cunliffe said.
“119,000 people have now left New Zealand since National came to power promising to halt the trans-Tasman exodus. That’s more people than the city of Dunedin, and far more brains than the country can afford to lose.
“Their decision to leave can’t be blamed on the global financial crisis which has hit everyone, including Australia. Nor can it be passed off as short-term thinking. That’s National’s territory.
“The reality is Kiwis are done with slogans. They don’t think their future is looking bright,” David Cunliffe said. [Labour Party, Fuseworks]
To avoid a nightmare scenario, Australians are well advised to demand pakeha bringing their own food and drinks, and contain the lot of them in NSW, Victoria and Tasmania!
Possibly Related Links:
- Earthquake Cluster Zone Closing in on New Zealand
- Mt Ruapehu Eruption Alert
- How Dangerous is New Zealand for visitors, Asians, women, children?
- Hundreds of millions worldwide face disaster
- CO2 to and from NZ
- Fly to NZ and Help Make the World a CO2-Rich Place!
- To & From New Zealand: Double Act of Eco-Terrorism
- Stop Flying in the Face of the Poor!
- Stop New Zealand Committing Eco-Terrorism!
- New Zealand Sinking Like Titanic
- Like Rats Deserting a Sinking Ship
- One in 10 Kiwis Wants Out
- Emigrating to NZ ?!?
- Mass NZDF exodus “A mass exodus of more than 900 military personnel in a 12-month period has forced the New Zealand Defence Force to recruit even more staff from the United Kingdom. “