Zombie Democracy – Apartheid Fort NZ

Welcome to World's Deadliest Tourist Destination! Toxic NZ visa priority: Spies, triads, assassins, sex traffickers, low IQ…

Posts Tagged ‘South Africans’

Two South Africans Killed in New Zealand, Third Seriously Ill

Posted by te2ataria on September 8, 2008

Google’s internal KGB has blocked this post – Sept 13, 2008.

submitted by a reader

Not Suspicious: Two Dead, One Seriously Ill

mr-ben-walker1

Mr Ben Walker – Ruapuke Camping Ground Manager. Photo Source: Stuff NZ. Image may be subject to copyright.

Two South Africans, one of whom possibly a former mid-ranking official in the apartheid South Africa’s security apparatus, were killed by “carbon monoxide poisoning.” A third South African man was seriously injured. However, New Zealand police say there was nothing suspicious about the deaths!

“Sergeant Wallace said there was no indication that the men’s deaths were suspicious, more they died as a result of a tragic oversight.” Reports said.


How The Story Changed

Below are two reports published online by Stuff NZ on Monday.

In the first report, Camp ground manager Ben Walker (left), speaking about the size of the gust cabins, where the dead and injured were found, and the likelihood of the barbecue being used as heater whose carbon monoxide emission allegedly caused the deaths, is quoted as follows.

“However, he was baffled as to why they would use the barbecue as a heater.”

“‘I don’t know why they took it in. It’s too small to take anything like that inside [see below for cabin photo.]'”

In the second report, Mr Walker’s statement is somewhat expanded and a new clause is attributed to him, which changes a highly probable “murder” case to “accidental deaths.”

“I don’t know why they took it in. It’s too small to take anything like that inside.”

“It sucks, mate. I feel bloody terrible. If only I had seen them take the barbecue inside, things could have been different. I feel like crying, I just can’t believe it. This will always haunt me.”

DONNA PAGET/Waikato Times DEATH SCENE: The cabin in which two men died and one suffered serious carbon monoxide poisoning after taking their portable charcoal cooker inside to keep warm. Images may be subject to copyright.

DONNA PAGET/Waikato Times DEATH SCENE: The cabin in which two men died and one suffered serious carbon monoxide poisoning after taking their portable charcoal cooker inside to keep warm. Images may be subject to copyright.

“It was ‘stupidity’ to take the barbecue inside, and Mr Walker had previously stopped others from doing so.” [Emphasis added.]

The two different “pictures” depicted by the two reports are contradictory, of course.

Set One: “However, he was baffled as to why they would use the barbecue as a heater.” And “I don’t know why they took it in. It’s too small to take anything like that inside.

And

Set Two. “Mr Walker had previously stopped others from doing so.”

[If he had already stopped others from taking the large barbecue inside the tiny cabin, why was he reportedly  “baffled” in the original story?]

The altered report no longer represents the actual set of incidents. The reality is changed!

Why did the reporters attribute to Mr Walker the clause “Mr Walker had previously stopped others from doing so” and make him sound as if he contradicted himself?

A Report from Ministry of Truth (Minitrue, in Newspeak)

First report

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4685064a6004.html
Gassed in their sleep
Two dead, third in hospital
By BELINDA FEEK – Waikato Times | Monday, 08 September 2008

DEATH SCENE: The cabin in which two men died and one suffered serious carbon monoxide poisoning after taking their portable charcoal cooker inside to keep warm.

Hamilton man Jason Basson remained seriously ill in an Auckland hospital this morning after a carbon monoxide poisoning at a motor camp near Raglan that left his friend and brother-in-law dead.

Mr Basson, 32, is the sole survivor from the accident at the Ruapuke motor camp, which claimed the lives of his two companions.

The men died after inhaling fumes from a charcoal barbecue they brought inside to heat the tiny cabin.

The victims’ names were not released as this edition went to press.

But Huntly policeman Sergeant Brent Wallace this morning told the Waikato Times one man was a 35-year-old store manager from Howick, Auckland.

The other victim was a 50-year-old purchaser, from Hamilton.

All three men were originally from South Africa.

Mr Basson had fallen in and out of consciousness as he dragged himself along the floor of the cabin in a desperate attempt to get help for his two mates.

He was airlifted to Waikato Hospital, before later being transferred to Devonport naval base in Auckland for hyperbaric treatment.

He was this morning recovering in North Shore Hospital’s high dependency unit, where he was likely to remain for some time, a spokeswoman said.

The three men were in a group of five from Hamilton and Auckland who had travelled to the secluded Ruapuke Camping Ground, about 20km southwest of Raglan, for a weekend of fishing and relaxation, while their wives were attending a baby shower for the injured man’s wife in Hamilton.

However, it all turned tragically wrong overnight Saturday after a charcoal-burning portable barbecue was turned on to help them keep warm.

Camp ground manager Ben Walker said the group arrived on Saturday and had hired two cabins, with a father and son sharing a neighbouring site.

About 8am yesterday, the teenage son approached Mr Walker for help after he was unable to rouse the trio, who were late for their scheduled 5am fishing trip to the popular Papanui Rock, about 2km up the road.

“He wanted to get in that cabin to get his food.”

He realised once he got to the cabin that something was wrong.

Mr Walker said he spoke with the injured man through the door. Mr Basson told him he couldn’t move and to call an ambulance.

“I said `wake the others up’, but he said they won’t wake up.”

It was then he realised the barbecue was probably inside the cabin.

Mr Walker drilled a hole through a window latch to gain access.

Once inside the two men were found dead in their beds with Mr Basson lying on the floor against the door.

“I did hear him say he had passed out and come around again. There’s a bit of wind that passes through these cabins, so maybe that little crack under the door was enough to keep him alive.”

Mr Walker said he hardly recognised the Hamilton man whose complexion was white and swollen.

He he knew the men reasonably well as they had stayed at the camping ground at various times in the past.

“They’re just happy go lucky kinda guys.”

However, he was baffled as to why they would use the barbecue as a heater.

“I don’t know why they took it in. It’s too small to take anything like that inside.”

The camp ground is a popular spot for families over the summer period who are keen to escape, he said.

Yesterday, campers on site were lying low, including a young family in a campervan, and were kept inside the cordon until interviewed by police.

Sergeant Wallace said there was no indication that the men’s deaths were suspicious, more they died as a result of a tragic oversight.

Copyright: The author(s) or respective news agency.

Second Report

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4684507a11.html

Gassing deaths haunt rescuer
By NATHAN BEAUMONT and BELINDA FEEK – The Dominion Post | Monday, 08 September 2008

Barbeque accident leaves two dead

The “stomach-churning” sound of a man scratching and crying for help to escape poisonous gas that killed his two mates will haunt Ben Walker for the rest of his life.

Do you know more about the Ruapuke tragedy? The Waikato Times would like to talk to you. Please email news@waikatotimes.co.nz or phone the news desk on 07 8499 666.

The two South African-born men died early yesterday after taking a charcoal barbecue inside their tiny Waikato cabin for warmth.

The cooker sucked oxygen from the air, leaving the pair dead in their beds with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning. A third man was found close to death on the floor of the cabin at the secluded Ruapuke Camping Ground, about 20 kilometres southwest of Raglan.

The men were part of a group of five from Hamilton and Auckland on a “boys’ weekend” of fishing and relaxation. Their wives were at a baby shower for the injured man’s wife in Hamilton, about 50kms away.

The survivor is now in the navy’s hyperbaric unit in Auckland to restore oxygen to his bloodstream.

Though he has been called a hero for his actions, Mr Walker, who runs the motor camp, feels guilty about the incident.

“It sucks, mate. I feel bloody terrible. If only I had seen them take the barbecue inside, things could have been different. I feel like crying, I just can’t believe it. This will always haunt me.”

It was “stupidity” to take the barbecue inside, and Mr Walker had previously stopped others from doing so.

But police say he played an important role in saving the 32-year-old Hamilton man.

The alarm was raised after the trio missed an appointment to go fishing. Friends knocked on the locked door and heard the survivor saying he was hurt.

Mr Walker said his stomach churned as he heard the man scratching and crying for help, telling him to call an ambulance.

“I said `Wake the others up’, but he said `They won’t wake up’,” Mr Walker said. After failing to kick down the door, he drilled out a window latch to get access while telling the survivor to “Hang in there, bro”.

Inside, the dead men were still in their beds.

With no cellphone reception in the area, he drove 5km to get help. “I know the road like the back of my hand, but it’s all just a blur; I can’t remember a thing.”

The injured man was flown to Waikato Hospital by Westpac air ambulance in a serious condition, and then transferred to the navy’s hyperbaric unit at Devonport.

Carbon monoxide displaces oxygen in the bloodstream and deprives the heart, brain and other vital organs of oxygen.

A person who is sleeping can die without showing symptoms. Treatment involves high-level dosages of oxygen to get the gas out of the bloodstream.

Sergeant Brent Wallace, of Huntly, said there was no indication that the men’s deaths were suspicious. “The deaths are a tragic reminder of the risks of using any type of fuel burner in a confined space,” he said.

Copyright: The author(s) or respective news agency.

Posted in Murder, New Zealand, rape, Tourism, tourist, Tourist Deathtrap, Travel | Tagged: , , , , , , | 2 Comments »