Olivia Rutherford Tragedy: Suicide or Foul Play?
Posted by te2ataria on February 16, 2010
Under a highly-predatory sociopolitical regime
Our teenagers fear for future easily transformed into self-destruction
The body was retrieved from Wellington Harbour about 11.30am and was formally identified by her family this afternoon.
New Zealand has the highest male and female youth (15-24 years) suicide rate within the 13 OECD countries, despite the latest Ministry of Health [doctored] figures.
An online survey of 500 teens, aged 15-18, carried out in January, revealed that the overwhelming majority of them feared the future.
- 43% lacked confidence to achieve the things they wanted to in life.
- 39% were concerned about ever being able to get a good job.
- 38% did not feel connected to their local community.
- 48% worried about disappointing friends and letting parents down.
- 46% believed they would one day live in another country.
- 46% wished they had more confidence to make new friends.
- 18% knew peers who were subjected to violence in the home on a daily or weekly basis. [Source: Baseline Consultancy]
Our children aren’t a priority in this country. The most important issue is how the earthly can be manipulated to boost the net worth of a few dozen people whose assets are worth more than a third of New Zealand GDP.
The system is not geared to ensuring future security for our kids; it’s there to guarantee the status quo would never change!
continued… [Part 2 on Sunday 21st Feb. SOON!]
Edited by D.H.