Proudly Killed in NZ
About 4,000 overseas visitors, international students, foreign workers and new immigrants have been killed and at least 24,000 others seriously injured in New Zealand since the year 2000. [Updated January 2017]
- Police told to keep their mouths shut about overseas licence holders
- Don’t reveal crash driver’s ethnicity, police told
Since 2011, on average, 3 foreigners have been killed in New Zealand every 4 days.
THIS PAGE IS FREQUENTLY HACKED and LISTINGS ARE REMOVED!
Proudly Killed in New Zealand [Most recent toll only!]
- Readers will note that only a tiny fraction of Rapes, Murders and Road or “Accidental” Deaths are reported in New Zealand.
- Starting December 2011, NZ government has again intensified the censorship of information concerning the numbers of foreigners killed in New Zealand to protect the tourist industry.
- For every tourist killed in New Zealand at least SIX others are seriously/critically injured. Details of the victims who are critically injured, for example, as a result of road crash and die later, either on the way to hospital, or while waiting to see a doctor, remain as State secrets.
Killed in New Zealand 2016
Due to NZ government near-total censorship of news concerning the fatalities, any listing in 2016 would be woefully inadequate.
Killed in New Zealand 2015 [ An Incomplete List of Reported Deaths]
IF YOU read about, hear or know of any tourist killed in New Zealand, please post a link to the media reports at the bottom of this page.
Death Toll [reported deaths only] Since New Year Holidays 2015
- Police operation “secret road deaths” 25 December 2015
- Melbourne woman, two divers killed in New Zealand 24 December 2015. Female Australian visitor killed in Aoraki Mt Cook National Park. The Australian woman who was killed in a fall at Aoraki Mt Cook National Park yesterday (23 December 2015) has been named as 28 year old Nicola Anne Andrews from Melbourne.
- Victims of Fox Glacier helicopter crash identified 7 people were killed in NZ’s latest air disaster, including two English couples, two Australians and a local pilot believed to be originally from the Netherlands. November 21, 2015
- Bua-Ngoen THONGSI, 37, a Thai national, went missing while diving in Canterbury on 8 February 2015. Her body was found several days later. http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/canterbury-police-name-8 February 2015,missing-diver
- Who, what killed Rutger Hale? Why? Coroner Richard McElrea was told an object, potentially similar to a cannonball, flew at high speed through Hale’s front windscreen and smashed the 22-year-old’s head before flying out the back windscreen as he drove to work, between Lake Hawea and Wanaka, on October 24, 2013.
- Another Malaysian woman killed in New Zealand 15 December 2015. Another Malaysian tourist killed in yet another violent crash in Bay of Plenty [of Deaths.] Jee Yang Chu, was killed in a violent crash involving three cars north of Tauranga.
- Young UK man and at least 5 others killed in weekend car crashes 13 December 2015. A 19-year-old man from the United Kingdom was killed “after the car he was travelling in flipped,” according to a report. He was the 4th person to be killed in the 2nd of two fatal crash near Taupo, and at least the 6th nationally. http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/75044886/four-dead-on-waikato-regions-roads-this-weekend
- DIVER FOUND DEAD ON SEA FLOOR – RED ROCKS WELLINGTON
A 45 year male scuba diver [possibly an overseas visitor] has been found by another diver on the sea floor near Red Rocks Wellington at approximately 2.50pm this afternoon.
- Another American tourist killed in New Zealand 11 December 2015. The overseas tourist who was killed in a fall at Mount Aspiring National Park two days ago has been named as Nicole Catherine Leman (24) of Anchorage, Alaska, according to NZ police.
- Monash University commits two students to death 26 September 2015
- Another foreign student killed in New Zealand 6 December 2015
- Another young foreign visitor killed in New Zealand 9 December 2015
- Body of missing international student found. The body of the 16-year-old male foreign student who went missing on Saturday was located this afternoon (December 6) around 2pm, police spokesman has confirmed. http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/74783674/body-of-teenage-swimmer-recovered-in-hawkes-bay [His name has not been released as of 25 December 2015.]
- Family of the male student, understood to be from Korea, were due to arrive in the country on Monday morning. The teenager was a student at New Horizon College of English in Napier. http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/74800406/Napiers-New-Horizon-College-of-English-in-shock-after-students-drowning
- Toll from terrorism v. deaths from tourism 23 November 2015. The international student was swimming near the mouth of the Tutaekuri, Clive and Ngaruroro rivers on Saturday when he disappeared from view, according to reports.
- Leslie Wan Wong was fishing by the mouth of Lake Onoke, where it enters Cook Strait near Lake Ferry in south Wairarapa, when he was swept away in August. He was pulled from the water by another fisherman, but was unable to be revived.
- Terry Donald Booth, 55, of the Nelson area, Paul Russell Bennett, 35, of Motueka, and Jared Reese Husband, 47, of Timaru, were on Ocean Fisheries trawler FV Jubliee when it sank on October 18. The men never made it to the liferafts and their bodies were recovered about 10 days later.
- Top kayaker Louise Jull drowned in the Kaituna river near Rotorua in March. Her body was discovered a short distance from where she went missing. She was that 2014 New Zealand extreme series women’s kayaking champion.
- Two more Indian men killed in New Zealand The two Indian men who drowned in Lake McLaren, Tauranga this week have been named as Maninder Singh, 26, who lived in Tauranga, and 24-year-old Jagdeep Singh, known as Gary, who lived in Gisborne, according to police. November 18, 2015
A 55-year-old female was killed, nine other victims involved in the crash, three have been discharged from Hospital and the other six remain in Middlemore Hospital in a stable condition. http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/police-call-witnesses-fatal-tuakau-crash
Double Dutch (?) Tragedy on the West Coast A motorcyclist who was killed in a collision with a truck on the West Coast Thursday has been named as John Samuel Manshande, police said. Mr Manshande was the father of Anamiek Manshande, aged 22 months, who drowned in a shallow garden pond on a Waimangaroa farm almost exactly a year ago. Posted on 13 November 2015.
NZ a world leader in dealing with homelessness (!) Fourth homeless man killed violently in Auckland. One of the dead was a Pakistani man called Maqbool Hussain, aged 49. November 11, 2015
Another Indian man killed in New Zealand Police have identified the victim of fatal crash on Auckland’s Southern Motorway on Saturday 31 October. He was Harmanpreet Singh, aged 23. Posted on 10 November 2015.
Two foreigners badly bashed in New Zealand in three days. Fate of Victim No. 1. a foreign worker who was near fatally injured in Auckland remains unknown. Police have so far refused to release the identity, or at least nationality of the foreign worker who was near-fatally assaulted in Auckland on Sunday, 1 November 2015. The victim, most probably an Indian national, may have died as a result of his injuries. November 7, 2015
English tourist lasted only 10 hours in New Zealand November 6, 2015
Police reluctant to identify foreign victim of racial assault 2 November 2015
Another overseas visitor ‘road-murdered’ in NZ Police have contacted Interpol to locate and advise the victim’s family [possibly in Italy.] No update available as of November 2015.
Female motorcyclist killed in West Coast crash Monday, 2 November 2015
“Road-murdered” in New Zealand 2 November 2015
Five “overseas tourists” have been injured and taken to hospital following a crash on State Highway 8 near Omarama, police said. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11538863
“Unexplained death” another Aussie murder mystery? “She was potentially dead when she was hit,” said Southern district police communications manager Nic Barkley (!) 28 Oct. 2015
The body of a man found on Waiheke Island earlier this month has been identified as 50-year-old Sam Hala Halagigie, who was not a resident of the Island. http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/body-found-waiheke-identified
At lease 35 people have been killed in 32 crashes in the Waikato, so far this year, police said. http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/holiday-weekend-fatalities-prompt-warning-waikato-police 28 October2015
Body pulled from Auckland Harbour confirmed as Indian Student’s October 22, 2015
Auckland City Police have confirmed that the body pulled from Auckland harbour on Sunday 18 October was that of missing Indian student Mandeep Singh. Many Indians [and Asians] have been killed in New Zealand since this blog started.
Fatal road crashes in New Zealand 2015 as at Monday (19 October 2015): 227 crashes (207 crashes to 19 October last year)
- Road fatalities as at Monday: 250 killed (217 reported kills last year)
- Road fatalities in the 12 months to 19 October 2015: 325 killed (250 reported kills in the previous period) https://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/road-deaths/toll.html#further
Italian man killed in Southland crash October 18, 2015
Police have now named the victim as David Sandri, who lived in Lumsden.
Body of Bernise Fiveash located
Police in Invercargill say they have removed Bernese’s body and referred her death to the coroner. The victim went missing on Monday, and hefr body was discovered “on Motu Rimu Road, approximately 1 km from where the last believed sighting of her was.” http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/southland-police-locate-body
Another German national killed on NZ roads 12 October 2015
Daniel Aretz, 37, a German national, was killed when his motorbike collided with a motorcyclist in a group travelling in the opposite direction in Waikato on Saturda. Mr Aretz was the 11th motorcyclist to be killed in Waikato so far this year, said Acting Senior Sergeant Steve Ambler.
Murders, road fatalities and “unexplained” deaths (recently discovered)
- Mr Boobesh Palani, the 26 year-old Indian student who was allegedly rescued from the sea at Eastbourne, last week, reportedly died on Friday (3 April 2015) at Wellington Hospital, said Hutt Valley Police. http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/media-statement-hutt-valley-police
- A coroner’s investigation was unable to determine a cause of death for Sofia Helen Athanassiou, 39, who died near Wellington East Girls’ College on July 9, 2012.
Yet another unexplained death in Auckland after corpse found at primary school
- Police investigating the discovery of a man’s body at St Mary’s Catholic School in Great North Rd, Avondale, at about 11am this morning are treating the death as “unexplained.”
Ahmad Jawid Aman, 29, from Afghanistan (5 March 2013) http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/34469
Convicted Somalian refugee killed in crash was Hasan Ahmed Shaqlane, 35. (29 August 2007)http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10460655
Five killed on the roads, one shot to death in the forest on October 11, 2015
- Bloody weekend road toll reaches six, seventh in a critical condition October 9, 2015
- Another young American Jeffrey Charles Atkinson, 22, from Coloradokilled in New Zealand on October 6, 2015
- The Samoan man Aliielua Fesili Salaivao, 38, as the driver of a van that collided with a southbound car on Durham St (CCBD) late Saturday.
- Trish Anne Beets, 44, was killed when the car in which she was travelling was struck by a bus on Sunday night.
- Yun Kau Ng, 73, known as Louis, and his wife Chiu Ngor Ng, 74, known as Elaine, died while taking a bath at Napier’s Deco City Motor Lodge in October 2013.
- Another tourist hit and killed by a truck in Napier September 30, 2015
Monash University commits two international students to death September 26, 2015
- Two people killed by two trains in two days [Their identities had not been reveled at the time of posting.] September 23, 2015
Fire kills Tuvalu man in Waitemata, New Zealand September 22, 2015
- Yun Kau Ng, 73, known as Louis, and his wife Chiu Ngor Ng, 74, known as Elaine, died while taking a bath at Napier’s Deco City Motor Lodge in October 2013. http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/72025916/elderly-woman-drowned-in-bath-after-husband-died-and-trapped-her
- Four more foreigners killed in New Zealand September 14, 2015
Seven more people killed in deadly weekend car crashes September 13, 2015
- Pera Ariki Smiler, 25, was fatally shot by the police assassins in Upper Hutt Tuesday afternoon. https://newzeelend.wordpress.com/2015/09/11/nz-police-ye-moral-dwarfs/ September 11, 2015
- Another Taiwanese tourist killed in New Zealand September 8, 2015
Injured Indian schoolboy dies in New Zealand September 7, 2015
The following is only a partial list of the dead for August 2015
- At least four more “convicts” executed on NZ death roads within hours. Pradeep Edirisinghe, a 44-year-old dairy worker from Sri Lanka, was killed in a violent crash in Northern Southland Friday morning.
- Police have confirmed the 58 year-old man who was killed in avalanche yesterday was Roger Greville of Sydney, Australia. http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/man-who-died-after-avalanche-named
- Carnage continues on NZ roads Posted on August 11, 2015
- Fatal crash on SH1 Orari-Rangitata Highway. http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/fatal-crash-sh1-orari-rangitata-highway-0
- More mayhem and carnage in New Zealand Posted on August 8, 2015
- The four-year-old Malaysain girl who was found dead in her Auckland home has been identified as Maggie Renee Watson. Her body was discovered in an Onehunga house where she live with her mother early on Friday morning. http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/70957018/Candlelit-vigil-for-girl-4-found-dead-in-Auckland
- Operation West. Samuel Peter Culling (also known as Samuel Whatuira and Samuel Badawi), aged 26, was killed violently, police said. “A post mortem conducted yesterday revealed Samuel died a violent death, and we are unable to provide any further details on the nature of the injury or how it was inflicted as this information is sensitive to our ongoing inquiries.” http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/statement-issued-behalf-samuel-peter-culling%E2%80%99s-family-also-known-samuel-whatuira-and
The following is only a partial list for July 2015
- The murderer of Filippino woman Blesilda “Blessie” Gotingco, mother of three, was sentenced to life in prison with minimum-non-parole period of 24 years for the murder and preventive detention for the rape. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11492850
- Fatal motor vehicle crash at Queenstown. Police have named the deceased driver as Jennifer Claire SCOTT. https://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/fatal-motor-vehicle-crash-queenstown-0
- At about 5pm today (30 July 2015), a 29 year old man in Wanganui was involved in a motorcycle accident on Castle Cliff beach. As a result of the accident the man was killed. https://www.police.govt.nz/news/updates/38207
- A 34-year-old woman, who was a passenger in [an allegedly] speeding vehicle that crashed in the township of Manunui on Friday 24 July, 2015 died on the evening of 30 July, 2015 in the Waikato Hospital. She was Sunnie Hughes of Taumarunui. https://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/taumarunui-crash-victim-dies
- Chinese national drowned in Taranaki, New Zealand 31 July 2015. The man who drowned in the Waitara River yesterday (30 July, 2015) was Erka Xu, aged 52, New Plymouth Police said.
- Top tourist deathtrap claims two more Canadian lives 27 July 2015. A second body was found earlier today in the search for 23-year-old French Canadian students, Louis-Vincent Lessard and Etienne Lemieux, police said.
- Who killed Anne Marie Wanhalla? Posted by te2ataria on 14 July 2015.Woman’s death in Christchurch motel room still a mystery: Police. Don’t expect the thick blue line to solve this one!
- An Irishman, a South African woman and a Kayaker killed in NZ 6 July 2015. The man whose body was found in Wellington Harbour has been identified as Finbarr CLABBY, 39. The victim was an Irishman who lived in Wellington, police said. The victim of a fatal crash outside the Waikato’s Avantidrome has been identified as Belia Maria van Rensburg, who was a South African.
- Cook Islands mother Cindy George and her three kids found dead in an Ashburton house 5 July 2015.
Cindy Tangipurunga George, 31, and her three kids – daughter, Pio Scarlet Jetejura Raukete, 5, and her sons, Teuruaa Junior George, 3, and Telyzshaun Gordon Ricardo Nelder Kruz George, 2 – could have been dead for up to a week before they were found, police said.
- Indian man and others killed on NZ roads identified 1 July 2015. The Indian man who was killed in a crash on the Papakura – Clevedon Rd near Clevedon last Thursday (25 June 2015) was Shaan Singh. The young woman who died last week when her vehicle collided with a school bus has been named as 28-year-old Charlotte Christina Armstrong.
The following is only a partial list for June 2015
- ANOTHER young Asian Male found dead on Orewa Beach (Auckland, NZ) Posted by te2ataria on 11 June 2015.Waitemata/Orewa Police are trying to identify a man who was found dead this morning (Thursday, 11 June 2015 ) on Orewa Beach, on the northern end of the beach near the cliffs, just after 7.30am.“The person appears to be an Asian male, aged in his mid 20’s. He does not have any identification or personal belongings on him and Police are asking for anyone who knows who he is to contact Orewa Police on 09 426 4555.”
- Another Chinese man killed in New Zealand Posted by te2ataria on 3 June 2015. The man who was killed after being struck by a vehicle while walking across Fanshawe St at about 5.40pm on Tuesday, 2 June 2015, was 33 year-old Robert Su.
The following is only a partial list for May 2015
- Another Asian woman killed in New Zealand Posted by te2ataria on 31 May 2015. Bay of Plenty of Deaths. The Asian woman who was killed in a road crash on State Highway 2 near Te Puke on Saturday, 30 May has been identified as 36-year-old Sing Yieng Pau, known locally as Lisa Yieng. The victim lived in Te Puke, police said.
- Waikato road kill name released 26 May 2015. The name of a driver who was killed a single vehicle crash on Marychurch Road, south of Hamilton last Friday has been released. The deceased was 39 year-old Mathew Whiu Morehu YORSTON, of Hamilton.
- Murder victim named The 22 year-old woman who was killed in stabbing at a Queen St learning institute was Parmita Rani, from Punjab in India. (23 May 2015)
Unable to collect murder data or details of road kills this week.
- Another Indian student murdered in Auckland
The man found dead on Mission Bay beach yesterday morning (13 May 2015) has been identified as 21 year-old Manjeet Singh, an Indian national who was in Auckland while on a student visa, police said. (14 May 2015)
- Three Tongan women killed in New Zealand. (11 May 2015)
A collision in the Bay of Plenty (of Deaths) on Saturday night claimed the lives of three Tongan women from the same family: Tevunga Vaea, 71, her daughter Louina Vaea, 45, and daughter-in-law Takua Vaea, 32.
- Another Nepalese man killed in New Zealand (8 May 2015)
The victim was Raj Kumar Mahat, a 33-year-old Nepalese man who lived in Rotorua. Mr Mahat was the third Nepalese person to be killed in New Zealand this year.
- On Saturday, 25 April 2015, a vehicle collided with a pedestrian killing both the driver and the pedestrian, police said. The driver of the vehicle was 22-year-old Alekh ACHARYA, a Nepalese national and the pedestrian was Ronald Victor MILLMAN, aged 67, of New Plymouth. http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/new-plymouth-crash-victims-named (8 May 2015)
- The 47-year-old man who was killed in a head-on car crash at Paengaroa has been named as Ian Foote. He was travelling on State Highway 33, near Partridge Lane about 10am on Monday.
- Police have named two men who were killed in a road crash in Paengaroa, near Te Puke, on Sunday, 28 December, 2014. The were Bismon Xavier, aged 30, and Minoj Haridas, aged 31, were both from Kerala in India but had been living in Rotorua at the time of the crash.
- Canterbury Police confirmed the identity of the hunter whose body was recovered by Police from the Lake Sumner area of Canterbury on Tuesday (5 May 2015). He was 35 year old Christopher James Bardsley.
- American student found dead in river near Wanaka 2 May 2015
- Japanese woman killed in 3-car crash named 1 May 2015
- Blog moderators were unavailable to search police files or local media for the reported deaths.
The following is only a partial list for April 2015
- More foreigners killed in NZ this Anzac weekend 26 April 2015
- Recent reported fatalities on NZ death roads 23 April 2015
- Blog moderators were unavailable to search police files or local media for the reported deaths.
- Crash kills two Chinese nationals leaves a third fighting for his life 13 April 2015
- Two more crash victims named, one an Indian student 13 April 2015
- Six killed, many critically injured amid hours of road carnage 12 April 2015
- This week’s uncensored murders, road kills…10 April 2015
- Easter road kills: 5-day news blackout continues 5 April 2015
The following is only a partial list for March 2015
- Swiss tourist to return home in a body bag 28 March 2015
- After five days, official search ends for missing 26-year-old … 28 March2015
- Your honour, it wasn’t me who killed the Taiwanese tourist… honest! 25 March 2015
- Crash victim named as Mohd Shafiq Bin Mustapha, aged 20 Police 21 March 2015
- Remembering Magnus Kastengren: 32-year-old Swedish skier Magnus Kastengren lost his life in a fall from Mount Cook in New Zealand 500 days ago. http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/9358698/Extreme-skier-killed-on-Mt-Cook-named
- Four members of a family were killed in a plane crash near Wanaka. Paul Macdonald, 50, his wife, Kate, 42, and their children, Georgie, 7, and Ben, 5, were killed when their Cessna 185 plane crashed in the Motatapu River area on 16 March 2015.
- They are killed in the air, at sea and on the land. Driver and strayed bull killed in crash. A 23-year-old man, Codey Peter Pink, had recently moved to Hari Hari, was killed after his car collided with a stray bull. 16 March 2015
- Palmerston North homicide victim named. Manawatu Police have released the name of the student who was murdered in a private apartment block in Palmerston North on the evening of 13 March, 2015. She was Virginia Ford, aged 20 of Dunedin. http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/palmerston-north-homicide-victim-named
- Helicopter crash French Pass. A helicopter has crashed into the sea in French Pass about 5.20pm today (Friday, 13 March 2015) killing at least one person. http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/helicopter-crash-french-pass
- Top kayaker killed in New Zealand. The body of Louise Jull, formerly of Otaki, was recovered by police at 10am Thursday. http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/67265600/Top-kayaker-Louise-Jull-drowns-near-Rotorua
- A police investigation into the stabbings of a man and woman in Upper Hutt has now become a homicide investigation. The 24-year-old female victim died at about 6pm today. A 42-year-old man appeared in the Hutt Valley District Court today charged with assaulting the woman and her 19-year-old brother. Friday, 13 March 2015
- Fatal Crash in Counties Manukau. Counties Manukau Police Serious Crash Unit is continuing its investigation into a fatal crash which occurred on the Whitford-Maraetai Road at around 6am on Tuesday 10 March. http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/fatal-crash-update-whitford
- Dead in Dunedin. Police are investigating the unexplained death of a 24-year-old man at a residential address in Dunedin. Emergency services were called to the suburb of Belleknowes about 11.45am after a friend of the man raised the alarm. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11416273
- Body recovered from the Waikato River. Hamilton Police say a body recovered from the Waikato River earlier today has been identified as a man reported missing on Monday. http://www.police.govt.nz/news/updates/36539
- Two tourist injured critically in Kaihere crash. Today’s incident happened on State Highway 27 at Kaihere shortly before 1pm, district road policing manager Inspector Jeff Penno said. “Initial indications are the incident involved a northbound car losing control on a down hill bend that has collided with a southbound logging truck.” http://www.police.govt.nz/news/updates/36552
- Man killed in road crash.The man killed when his truck hit a tree in Napier on Wednesday had just become a father.http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/67289918/new-father-killed-when-truck-hit-tree
- Homicide Investigation. OPERATION BEDFORD. At about 10:50 pm last night Police responded to an incident at the residential address in Bedford Street, Porirua. A 37 year old Male occupant was located at the address with an injury believed to be caused by a knife. The Male was taken to the Wellington Hospital however he died during the early hours of the morning. http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/media-stand-porirua-homicide-investigation
- Three more Americans killed in “violent” collision in New Zealand. Too difficult to hide death of “prominent” Americans in “News Islands”. Three holidaying Americans were killed in a “violent” collision with a truck west of Hamilton overnight, and a fourth victim, the 56-year-old male driver, was injured, Waikato Police has finally revealed. The four U.S. visitors were prominent, well-known members of the Church of Latter Day Saints in the settlement of Richfield, and nearby Monroe, about 2.5 hours from Salt Lake City, said a report.
- NEWS BLACKOUT CONTINUES March 10, 2015
- WEEKEND NEWS BLACKOUT ALERT: CODE RED March 8, 2015
- Feckless kiwis continue to blame the victims (naturally). Kiwi drivers cause 96 percent of all crashes on NZ death roads March 6, 2015
- One dead in Canterbury truck crash. One person was killed after a truck crashed southeast of Christchurch about midday on Friday, near Purau, on the northern side of Banks Peninsula, police said. It’s believed no other vehicles were involved NZ Newswire quoted the police as saying.
- Waikato link road fatality update …
Thursday, 5 March 2015 – Waikato Police said a road contracting vehicle collided with a female motorcyclist as the larger vehicle was reversing in an area of road works subject to a 30km/h speed restriction. “It is too early to comment on the cause of the crash but initial indications are a female motorcyclist has lost her life after a road contracting vehicle has collided with her bike while the larger vehicle was reversing.”http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/waikato-link-road-fatality-update . The fatal crash was followed overnight by a crash on Kennedy Bay Rd in the Coromandel where a woman suffered serious head injuries. Over the weekend, 18-year-old Matthew Richard Perkins Blyde died in a collision with another car at the intersection of Waharoa and Pohlen Rd, near Matamata, about 9.40pm Friday. Four people travelling in the other car also suffered injuries, with two being airlifted to Waikato Hospital. On Saturday, Peterus Johannes Cornelissen, 59, died in Waikato Hospital after he crashed off his motorcycle on SH25A near Kopu. “Emergency services were called to the scene on the Kopu-Hikuai Rd about 3.35pm after 59-year-old lost control of his motorbike and collided with bank,” said Waikato Road Policing Manager, Inspector Dana McDonald. Ten people have died in collisions in the Waikato police roading region in the first nine weeks of this year.
- Police name man killed in Tauranga crash. A Papamoa teenager who was killed after in a car crash near Tauranga (Bay of Plenty of Deaths) on Wednesday has been named by police as Kruz Delma Waitohi Waaka, 18.
- Visiting businessman found dead on a central Hamilton road.The 32-year-old foreign visitor was found lying unconscious with head injuries on Hillsborough Tce, along the edge of the Waikato River, about 1am Friday, but attempts to revive him failed and he died at the scene, police said.“A post-mortem will commence in Auckland over coming days and it is here that we hope to be able to complete the formal identification process. At this point in time all we can confirm is the deceased is a 32-year-old male of dual nationality and we are working with consular officials to build on this.” The man was later identified as Sean Anthony O’Connor. Police said Mr O’Connor, 32, was a UK national with Australian residency who had been living in Queensland.
- TODAY’s NEWS BLACKOUT ALERT: Code RED March 6, 2015
- Hamilton crash victim dies in hospital. Kim French, 54, who was seriously injured in the crash at the corner of Whatawhata and Dinsdale Rd on Janaury 2, died in Waikato Hospital yesterday (4 March, 2015). Gary Andrew Wendt, 68, was killed in the crash. Two other women, aged 52 and 48, were also injured. http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/66990740/Hamilton-crash-victim-dies-in-hospital
- One person is dead following an accident involving a digger in Port Waikato this morning (4 March, 2015). http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11411527
The following is only a partial list for February 2015
- Beach death to be investigated http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/66954313/Beach-death-to-be-investigated
- One dead after car and truck collide – Tauranga
- Driver dies from recycling truck injuries
- Melanoma ‘deadlier than road fatalities’ http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/GE1503/S00014/melanoma-deadlier-than-road-fatalities.htm [Both figures are heavily doctored by NZ government. Editor]
- Dead Westport kayaker named by Police. Christopher Black, 51, went fishing in a sea kayak on February 22. http://www.odt.co.nz/news/national/335171/dead-westport-kayaker-named
- Teenager who died in crash near Westport named. Danny O’Donnell, 19, was killed in the crash on Tauranga Bay Rd, near Westport, on Monday. Mr O’Donnell was a rear seat passenger in the car carrying five people. The fate of the other four people is currently unknown.
- Forbidden driver blames victim for fatal crash. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11411593
- Two men killed in two separate Waikato crashes named by police. In the first death, 18-year-old Matthew Richard Perkins BLYDE, died when his car collided with another at the rural intersection of Waharoa and Pohlen Roads outside Matamata about 9.40pm. Four people travelling in the other car also suffered injuries with two being airlifted to Waikato Hospital. [Their fate remains unknown.]In the second crash on the Kopu-Hikuai Rd about 3.35pm, a 59-year-old Peterus Johannes CORNELISSEN [from the Netherlands] lost control of his motorbike and collided with bank. “Airlifted to Waikato Hospital he died a short time later and again, Police would like to extend our sympathies to his family for their loss.” http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/names-released-waikato-fatals
- Tourist swimmers in the spotlight, as well as drivers. http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/66927642/Tourist-swimmers-in-the-spotlight-as-well-as-drivers
- Man found in park dies from head injuries. http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/66940295/Man-found-in-park-dies-from-head-injuries
- Fatal crash on Waterloo Road. http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/man-charged-following-fatal-crash-waterloo-road
- Serious vehicle crash occurs on Great North Road, Grey Lynn
A serious vehicle crash occurred on Great North Road, Grey Lynn at about 3.36am March 1. As a result diversions have been put in place. http://www.police.govt.nz/news/updates/36406
- Witness sought for fatal crash in Tokoroa (Bay of Plenty of Deaths). Ioane Pere, 72, was hit by a truck on Dalmeny Street Tokoroa at approximately 9pm on Friday, 20 February. He suffered critical injuries and died later in Waikato Hospital. http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/witness-sought-fatal-crash-tokoroa
- Tourist who lost father in NZ road collision had lost partner in motorcycle crash. Taiwanese visitor Chia-Fang Chu, 39, who lost her father in a two-vehicle collision at an intersection of Jones Rd and Dawsons Rd in Templeton, south of Christchurch, on February 18, had lost her partner in a motorcycle crash. Her father had suggested they holiday in New Zealand so that Chu could recover from depression brought on by the death of her partner who was killed in the crash, said a report.
- Mountain biker dies after fall. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11410025
- Four women injured in the Bay of Plenty. Four women have been injured, one critically, in a road crash in the lower Kaimai area in the Bay of Plenty this afternoon (Mar 1, 2015). “Initial reports show up to seven vehicles were involved, however, [the Ministry of Truth intervened immediately and] emergency staff later said two vehicles had crashed.”One victim was flown to Waikato Hospital with critical injuries, and two others with serious injuries taken to Tauranga Hospital. “The fourth woman had moderate injuries and was also taken to Tauranga Hospital, the spokesman said.” http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11410005
- Motorcycle crash kills rider. A man died in hospital after his motorbike went out of control and crashed on State Highway 25A about 2km from Puketui Rd. (Mar 1, 2015 ) http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11409987
- Weekend of carnage on Waikato roads. http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/66813176/weekend-of-carnage-on-waikato-roads
- Witness sought for fatal crash in Tokoroa. Police Serious Crash Unit is currently investigating a fatal crash between a pedestrian and a small truck which occurred on Dalmeny Street Tokoroa at approximately 9pm on Friday, 20 February. http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/witness-sought-fatal-crash-tokoroa
- Whangarei Unexplained Death 27/02/2015 http://www.police.govt.nz/news/updates/36384
- Motorcycle rider in a critical condition after crash. At about 3.30pm today (Saturday, 28 February 2015 ) a single vehicle crash involving a motorcycle with a single rider on the Kopu Hikuai Road occurred, said police. A male rider has been flown to hospital in a critical condition.
- Two [“tourists”] seriously injured in Christchurch head-on collision. Two people have been seriously injured in a two-car crash in Christchurch this morning, local police said. Both victims, whose identities have not been disclosed, were taken to Christchurch Hospital in a serious condition.
- Malaysian tourist remains missing at sea. Malaysian tourist Kuan Loon Loh, 37, remains missing at sea after diving off the Tolaga Bay wharf in Gisborne Wednesday afternoon. “He had lived in the UK for the past 10 years and met up with his family for their joint New Zealand holiday earlier this week,” said Gisborne police. “The family were on the second day of their tour when the tragedy occurred.” “We remain optimistic that we can find this man and return him to his family,” police said. [It’s just a minor technicality that the man would be somewhat colder, when he is returned to his family.]
The Press adopts NewZeelend Blog’s phrase “Road Kill” Road kill – Must something be done about foreign drivers?
- Emerging trend: Tourist driver stopped, punched in face. “English” tourist punched in face in Greymouth. 27 February 2015
- French tourist killed in head-on collision swerved to avoid falling portable toilet. The man who was killed on SH2 in Whakamarama (Bay of Plenty of deaths) yesterday (Thursday, 26 February) was Nathan Luc Alain Boucher from Reze in France, police said. The victim swerved to avoid a portable toilet that fell from a truck into the path of his car. In doing so it appears he lost control of the vehicle veered back across the road and collided head-on with a truck and trailer unit travelling in the opposite direction. The driver of the truck from which the portable toilet fell pulled over to recover the item, said a report.
- Japanese tourist critically injured in latest tourist crash. A Japanese tourist was critically injured when his rental car and a truck collided near Christchurch shortly after midday. Police said the Japanese man’s rented Suzuki Swift collided with a truck and trailer travelling south along McLeans Island Rd.
- Police name young girl killed in driving incident. Police have named the young girl who was killed on Wednesday night after falling from a moving vehicle. She was Letitia Rose Thorner, 15, who died at the scene of the incident in Dannevirke about 9pm, the Palmerston North Police said. Miss Thorner had been at Dannevirke High School for three years and her older sister was in year 13.
- Girl killed by tourist motorist remembered. Ruby Jay Marris, the five year-old killed in a crash involving a Chinese driver in Otago, has been remembered as a “beautiful little angel” in online tributes, said a report. The Marris family, of Oamaru, were travelling north on State Highway 1 when their car collided with an ute driven by a Chinese tourist near Moeraki on Saturday. Her parents and two sisters were taken to Dunedin hospital but Ruby died at the scene, police said.
- Police name victims of double homicide in Whangarei. Police have released the names of the two people who were killed following an incident at a Dundas Road address in Whangarei in the early hours of yesterday morning. The two people were Brenda Nicola Gestro, 32, and Kim Douglas Larkins, 52. They both lived in Whangarei.
- Young man killed in head-on collision. Fatal Crash State Highway 2 Whakamarama. A young man, aged in his early 20’s, possibly a tourist, was killed in a head-on collision on State Highway 2, Whakamarama, Western Bay of Plenty (of deaths), according to local reports. The crash involved a car swerving onto the wrong side of the road to avoid an object that had fallen from a truck in front of him, police said. February 26, 2015
- Child’s sudden death investigated by Hamilton police. A 4-year-old girl, believed to be a foreigner, died suddenly in Hamilton last night. “Neighbours said the girl lived in the house with her parents and two primary school-age brothers,” said a report. “The family had moved into the rented property about a year ago and the girl was often seen playing on the street with neighbouring children.”
- All four members of visiting Chinese American family now dead 24 February 2015
Chinese American tourist Griffin Lee , aged 17, was the front seat passenger in a car that collided with a truck. He has been in a critical condition in Waikato Hospital since the crash and died earlier today (24 February 2015), police said. His parents, 53-year-old Warren Lee and 52-year-old Aesoon Lee, and his 20-year-old sister Julia Lee were killed in the crash last week.
- Victim of fatal crash near Templeton was a Taiwanese tourist. The victim of a fatal two-vehicle crash at the junction of Jones Rd and Dawsons Rd in Templeton on 18 February as Fu-Hwa Ju from Taiwan. Mr Ju was a rear-seat passenger and had been wearing a safety belt at the time of the crash. He was on holiday with some of his family, said Canterbury Police.
- Okahu Bay body identified. Police say they have identified the woman whose body was found at Auckland’s Okahu Bay yesterday morning. She was a 53-year-old of Indian residing at Mt Roskill. It’s not known whether the victim was related to the 20-year-old South Asian woman whose body was reportedly discovered near by on Tamaki Dr.
- Victim of fatal crash near Greta Valley was a Chinese tourist. The victim of a fatal two-vehicle crash near the Omihi railway crossing south of Greta Valley on 18 February 2015 was Ying-Hua Zhou, a 29-year-old tourist from China, said Police. Mr Zhou was the driver and sole occupant of a rented car which collided with a stock truck heading in the opposite direction.
- Born in South Africa, Raised in England, Killed in New Zealand: Former British Royal Marine pilot and young friend were killed in NZ chopper crash. 20 February 2015 Posted by te2ataria on February 20, 2015
- At approximately 9.30 pm Wednesday evening a car that rolled on Simpson road, Ranui, Auckland, killing a male passenger in his mid 20’s died at the scene. The driver and a second passenger have been transported to hospital with injuries, police said. 18 Feb. 2015
- Police name the Chinese American family killed in highway crash: The three Americans killed in a road crash on SH1 near Tokoroa on Tuesday (17 February) were identified as 53-year-old Warren Lee, 52-year-old Aesoon Lee and 20-year-old Julia Lee. February 17, 2015
- More foreigners killed on NZ Death Roads: Taiwanese visitor killed in Christchurch crash. February 17, 2015
- Driver of a rental car, most probably a foreign visitor, was killed in a head-on crash with a truck full of lambs. The fatal crash happened at 6.30pm on State Highway One near the Omihi railway crossing, 10 kilometres south of the Greta Valley, north Canterbury.
- South African Model Natasha Strydom, 20, of Waiuku and Jani Von Wielligh, 20, of Adelaide, Australia, were killed on the Hauraki Plains and two others left seriously injured in hospital after two separate crashes within hours of each other in Waikato. February 17, 2015
- An as yet unidentified man who was driving on the Northern Motorway in Auckland was killed when his car went out of control, crashed into a lamp post and rolled own a bank between Oteha Valley Rd and Greville Rd, on Tuesday evening, police said. February 17, 2015
- Family given ‘worst possible news’ as crash kills young woman: The name of a young woman who was killed after a two car head-on collision north of Auckland has been released. Coral Jobsis, 23, was travelling along Whangaparaoa Road around 5.30am when the crash happened, police said. February 17, 2015
- The body of a 30-year-old English tourist, who was killed while kayaking in Bark Bay, north of Motueka, Abel Tasman National Park, has been recovered, said a police spokeswoman on Wednesday.
- Two Korean nationals killed in a collision at Blackhead, Dunedin, Friday, February 13, 2015. The deceased both had to be cut from the hatchback, police said.
- A young woman, possibly a Polish national, was killed after her rented scooter went out of comntrol smashing into a tree in Northland on Friday, February 13, 2015.
- Chinese national Jie Zheng Chen, a visitor from Guang Zhou city in the Guang Dong province, was killed when he was hit by a vehicle in Auckland. http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/66126345/Chinese-pedestrian-dies
- Corey Docherty, a 22-year-old U.S. student from Massachusetts, who was found severely injured in a Queenstown alleyway, reportedly died on Tuesday. [Listed on February 11, 2015]
The following is only a partial list for January- February 2015
- German mother and daughter die after Matakana crash. http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/66009289/german-mother-and-daughter-die-after-matakana-crash
- One person was killed when a rental van carrying six Israeli tourists plunged down a 40-metre cliff in North Canterbury yesterday. The survivors, in their fifties and sixties, were in Christchurch Hospital last night in a critical or serious conditions.
- Irishman Martin Cadden, 22, was killed after his car hit a tree in Canterbury. [Jan 2, 2015]
- Lavi Taimani, 22, was killed after a car in which she was passenger smashed into a pole on Auckland’s Southern Motorway. [Jan 1, 2015]
- Ashleigh Jade Dargusch, 23, of Queensland, Australia, was killed when she fell at least five meters from the track in the Kauaeranga Valley in the southern Coromandel Peninsula, landing on her head, police said.
- Chilyoung Kim and Young-Mo Sang, both from Seoul, South Korea, were killed after their car crashed off a single-lane bridge in Westland.
- Heng Li, 25, a Chinese student, drowned at Uretiti Beach in Northland.
- Bismon Xavier, aged 30, and Minoj Haridas, aged 31, both from Kerala in India were killed in a road crash in Paengaroa, near Te Puke.
- Zapped over the holiday period Posted by moderator N on January 5, 2015
- Lavi (Lovey) Taimani, a young Tongan woman, became the first person to die on New Zealand roads in 2015 after the car she was passenger in hit a power pole near East Tamaki shortly after 6.15am on New Year’s day.
Killed in New Zealand 2014 [ An Incomplete List of Reported Deaths]
TOURIST DRIVER INCIDENTS 2014 (NZ Herald):
• October 3, 2014: A Singapore Airlines pilot admitted causing a high-speed crash that left a colleague fighting for his life in hospital. (Not known what happened to the victim.)
• September 30: Hong Kong resident King Wai Yip was killed when her family’s rental car collided with a Mercedes-Benz sedan near Geraldine, Canterbury.
• June 23: Dutch tourist Johannes Jacobus Appelman pleaded guilty to a triple fatality collision after running a stop sign in Rakaia in a rental vehicle on Queen’s Birthday weekend.
• May 30: US tourist Cody Dickey crossed the centre line in his campervan on the Coromandel Peninsula, killing Aucklander Robyn Eilleen Derrick, a passenger in an oncoming four-wheel-drive.
• February 11: French tourist Gilles Georges Jego killed a female pillion motorcycle passenger in the Far North when he was driving on the wrong side of the road.
• February 9: An 18-year-old pregnant woman was seriously injured and lost her unborn child in Whangarei after 27-year-old French tourist Marion Laure Heurteboust drove on the wrong side of the road.
• February 4: Canadian tourist Uri Tak Kau Law drowned after crashing over the side of a Southland bridge. https://newzeelend.wordpress.com/2015/10/05/five-killed-and-2-dozen-others-seriously-injured-on-nz-roads/
*** Unable to collect data – partial list only!
- Three Hong Kong tourists were killed after car smashes against truck in New Zealand http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1634219/three-hong-kong-tourists-killed-after-car-smashes-against-truck-new
- An Australian student and a teacher have been killed and several others injured in a bus crash near Rotorua on New Zealand’s north island. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-29/two-australians-killed-in-new-zealand-bus-crash/5927954
- The 22-year-old woman killed in a horrific two-vehicle crash in Southland on Boxing Day 2014 was a “talented” young student. Pengxiao Tao from China was on break from study at the Southern Institute of Technology when the car she was travelling in collided with a campervan. http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/64545822/Southland-crash-victim-a-talented-young-student
- James Teague, a 19-year-old Australian tourist, was killed when he allegedly fell from a hotel balcony at the Glebe Apartments in Queenstown. July 2014?
- Sidhant Sharma, a 21-year-old Indian national who had been staying in Rotorua while studying in New Zealand died after being pulled unconscious from Lake Taupo on Tuesday. 12 Mar. 2014
- A minivan carrying foreign tourists plunged off a narrow New Zealand bridge, killing the 59-year-old Canadian driver and injuring the vehicle’s nine passengers, police said Wednesday. Feb. 05 2014
- A Hong Kong tourist was killed after the van he was driving crashed into a one-lane bridge and plunged into a river on New Zealand’s South Island yesterday. Wednesday, 05 February, 2014
- At least one person was killed and three are badly injured after a van carrying 10 Chinese tourists plunged into a river in the far south of New Zealand’s South Island, according to reports Tuesday.
- Chinese national Shixun Jiang, 24, was killed on Saturday after colliding head-on with a four-wheel drive. The victim was travelling with a group of motorcyclists when the accident happened on State Highway 1, near Taupiri, north of Hamilton. Tuesday 07 Jan 201.
- More Foreigners Killed Over Holidays 3rd January 2014
- A Chinese woman who was killed in a three-car crash in Northern Southland was in the country visiting her daughter, who studies at the University of Auckland, said Vice-Consul General Li Xin, of the Consulate-General of the People’s Republic of China in Christchurch. The two men in the car, the driver, 43, and passenger, 58, were both still in a critical condition in Southland and Dunedin hospitals yesterday, Li Xin added. 2 Jan. 2014
*** Unable to collect data – partial list only!
Killed in New Zealand 2013 [ An Incomplete List of Reported Deaths ]
- A woman was killed and two other people were rushed to hospital in a critical condition after a three-car crash on the Te Anau-Mossburn Highway yesterday afternoon. Eight people, including four Chinese tourists in one vehicle, were involved in the 3.45pm crash, about 30 minutes north of Te Anau. Mon, 30 Dec 2013
- An Australian tennis coach was killed mysteriously in New Zealand. Paul Arber, 38, a former Jewish tennis champion from Melbourne went missing in New Zealand on December 8, 2013. His body was found in Waikato River 4 days later on December 12.
*** Unable to collect data – partial list only!
- Six Americans and a Brit are missing since June 4, 2013, presumed dead, after their 85-year-old American schooner disappeared en route from the Bay of Islands, New Zealand to Newcastle. “Nina, built in 1928, left Opua on May 29 with skipper David Dyche III, 58, his wife, Rosemary, 60, son David Dyche IV, 17, Evi Nemeth, 73, Kyle Jackson, 27, and Danielle Wright, 18, all Americans. Also aboard was Matthew Wootton, 35. A leader of the British Greens, he refused, on environmental grounds, to fly.”
- Another Chinese woman brutally murdered in New Zealand (13 November 2013)
Police have named the Chinese woman who was murdered in a violent attack in Miramar, as the 37-year-old Rongmei Fan, mother of two young children.
- Who killed Cissy Chen? Yet another unsolved murder in New Zealand.
New Zealand Police marked the first anniversary of yet another unsolved murder of a Chinese woman, Bin ‘Cissy’ Chen, 44, who vanished from her home in north Auckland, on November 5, 2012.
Tarun Asthana, 25, died on Monday 4 November 2013 after being punched outside McDonald’s in downtown Auckland’s Queen St early Saturday morning. He was returning from a night of clubbing with friends when he was punched and knocked to the ground, according to reports.
Swedish national Magnus Kastengren, 32, reported to be an experienced climber, was killed when he plummeted 600m to his death on Aoraki Mt Cook Sunday [November 3, 2013,] according to APNZ.
- Japanese climber and his partner freeze to death on Mt Taranaki 29 October 2013
A Japanese climber and his partner died in a snow cave near the summit of Mt Taranaki. Hiroki Ogawa, 31, and Nicole Sutton, 29, froze to death on the 2,520-metre-high mountain, NZ police confirmed on Monday. Ms Sutton’s parents had hoped she and Mr Ogawa would eventually marry and Mr Sutton said he knew the 31-year-old “would look after my daughter really well”.
Swiss-born Martin Walter Weiss, 47, died mysteriously at home on October 28, aged 47. Mr Weiss and his Kiwi wife Cindy owned and operated the popular upmarket restaurant Rotherhams of Riccarton in Christchurch.
*** Unable to collect data – partial list only!
- Chinese couple found dead at Napier motel room. “At this stage we are keeping an open mind as to how these deaths have occurred. There is a scene examination currently underway and police are speaking to the couple’s son and his wife, as well as other people who were at the motel. It may take some time to establish the cause of death and until we get further information from the post mortem, including toxicology test results, we cannot confirm what direction this investigation will take,” said the police defective in charge of the investigation. (published on 18 October 2013) – WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF A COUPLE DYING OF NATURAL DEATHS WITHIN MINUTES OF ONE ANOTHER? EXPERTS SAY ABOUT 1 in 1.5 BILLION (based on the available data).
*** Unable to collect data – partial list only!
- Memorial held for Canadian couple. Connor Hayes, 25, and Joanna Lam, 24, were last seen alive at Fox Glacier on September 10, 2013. Police say the Canadian couple’s rented campervan was hit by a landslide and swept into a raging river as they travelled through Haast Pass along State Highway 6 later that day.Joanna’s body has been found but Connor is still missing, presumed dead.
*** Unable to collect data – partial list only!
- Body found on 90 Mile Beach, conveniently assumed to be that of the missing Indian student Sunil Kumar Raghava Raju, 25, was conveniently cremated.
*** Unable to collect data – partial list only!
- WHO KILLED ISRAEL JACK? “The 20-year-old was found dead on Te Ngae Rd at 4.25am on August 18. He had been hit by at least two cars as he lay on the road.Mr Jack had been seen alive at a Caltex service station about five minutes earlier, raising the unanswered question of how he covered 1.4km in that time.” [posted on 25 Sept. 2013]
*** Unable to collect data – partial list only!
- Two more foreign climbers killed in Mt Cook falls The latest deaths raise the total to four foreigners who have been killed climbing mountains in NZ since September 13, 2013. [posted on 25 Sept. 2013]
- Robert Buckley, 31, died while climbing Mt Sefton in Aoraki Mt Cook National Park on September 14. His family said they can’t afford to fly his body home.
- The body of an English climber who was killed when he fell over bluffs below the Sefton Bivvy of Mt Sefton last night has been recovered. He was in his thirties and had been living and working in Christchurch. [14 Sept. 2013]
- A 36-year-old Australian climber was killed after falling about 150 metres at Mt Cook.
*** Unable to collect data – partial list only!
- A German national, 20, working in New Zealand as an au pair was killed [decapitated] after a bus collided with her car on State Highway 3 near Kakaramea. A 6-year-old girl in the car was seriously injured in the horrific accident. [9 September 2013]
*** Unable to collect data – partial list only!
- Two unidentified tourists killed in crash near Waimate [18 August 2013]
*** NO data collected
- A 23-year-old American woman was killed in a head-on collision near the central Otago town of Alexandra. Kirra Lee Smith, who had been living in Wanaka, died in the crash yesterday afternoon. Her 22-year-old passenger, a British citizen also living in Wanaka, was seriously injured. Monday July 29, 2013
*** NO data collected
- Body of Zimbabwe national Senzeni Tamarah Mlotshwa, 33, known as Tamarah, was found in the apartment on Webb St about 6pm on Friday. [Despite the nature of her injuries police have concluded that her death was not suspicious.] June 11, 2013
- Body of an Asian student, 20, was found in a central Wellington apartment building. [7 June 2013]
*** NO data collected
- Alvin Singh, 34, a Fiji born Indian was found dead in his car. His body was discovered on a busy road five days after he was reported missing. March 7, 2013
*** NO data collected
- Just when you thought Canada was Kiwi-proof (26 February 2013)
- Killing Fields, New Zealand (20 February 2013)
- Another two people [believed to be tourists] have been killed in separate crashes on North Island roads – just 24 hours after three lost their lives in two crashes the night before. [02 Feb. 2013]
- Killed in New Zealand: Aussie soldier, Israeli CEO, Chinese teen…
- Young Indian man “most likely burned alive”: NZ police
*** NO data collected
- Yet another Indian man savagely murdered in New Zealand (3 February 2013)
*** NO data collected
- Another Indian, another Chinese student, another Samoan killed in NZ
- United in Death: What do an Aussie swimmer, a Chinese granny and an English biker have in common? January 12, 2013
Killed in New Zealand 2012 [Reported Deaths Only]
- Another German tourist, a Google Employee) killed in New Zealand (26 December 2012)
- Two more Indians killed in New Zealand December 18, 2012
*** NO data collected
- Two more Americans killed in New Zealand December 5, 2012
*** NO data collected
- Another Italian tourist killed in New Zealand November 16, 2012
*** NO data collected
*** NO data collected
- Italian ski instructor killed in New Zealand October 15, 2012
- Mexican mother and her three-month-old baby were killed after falling from 26th floor of an Auckland apartment block
*** NO data collected
The American Honeymoon in New Zealand: Husband killed, wife remains critical
- Four tourists killed near National Park, fifth visitor in life-threatening condition (July 12, 2012)
- Singaporean newlyweds killed in New Zealand accident “A Singaporean couple was killed in an accident in New Zealand on Friday (June 15). The area on which they were killed has been dubbed ‘Waikato’s blackest stretch of road’, because at least 30 fatal crashes have occurred there since 2001.”
- NZ foreign victim 2,482 murdered in Canterbury: Czech tourist murdered in a South Canterbury forestry block (May 29, 2012)
*** NO data collected
- Three More American Students Killed in New Zealand May 13, 2012 — Boston University students Daniela Rosanna Lekhno, Roch Jauberty and Austin Brashears, aged 20 and 21, were horrifically killed on Saturday when their vehicle went out of control on State Highway 46 and rolled 3 times near Rangipo, 10km south of Turangi, in the North Island.
- Parents reveal how their son was killed in converted crop duster plane with skydiver instructors HIGH on cannabis (May 9, 2012)
Police named the 4 tourists, 2 other foreigners and 3 NZers who were killed in the plane crash:
- Glen Bourke, 18, from Melbourne, Australia
- Annita Kirsten, 23, from Germany
- Patrick Byrne, 26, from County Wexford, Ireland
- Brad Coker, 24, from Farnborough, U.K.
- Chaminda Senadhira, 33, [pilot]
- Adam Bennett, 47, from Australia [skydiving instructor ]
Three Others Killed:
- Michael Suter, 32, Christopher McDonald, 62, and Rodney Miller, 55, from Greymouth, NZ.
- New Zealand Police Farce have named the British tourist who died mysteriously in the Cardrona Valley as Philip Ross Bergman.
- Who Was the Woman Killed on State Highway One? A woman was killed in a two car collision on SH1 near Dunedin International Airport yesterday afternoon, but her identity has NOT yet been released.
- American Diver Killed in New Zealand. The body of an American diver who went missing in Kaikoura Saturday was found about 12.30pm today, 70m offshore. The 32-year-old American man had been diving near Omihi camping ground south of Kaikoura, according to a report.
- Sri Lankan man murdered in Canterbury, NZ. Sameera Chandrasena, 28, was found dead in a house on Domain Rd, Oxford, Canterbury, NZ, on Thursday after neighbours reported a fire about 4am, NZ Newswire reported.
- Australian Climber Killed in NZ Fiordland.Athol Whimp, 50, fell more than 800 meters to his death while climbing the Homer Saddle in Fiordland National Park on Thursday, February 23, 2012, police said.
- Canadian Tourist Killed in Waikato February 23, 2012
- British Tourist Killed by Angry Fish? February 22, 2012
- more road kills on new zealand death roads February 17, 2012
- Another Japanese Tourist Killed in New Zealand January 29, 2012
- Another German Tourist Killed in New Zealand on January 24, 2012
- Queensland-based Dr Ireland, 50, and Palmerston North doctor Ralph Saxe, 51, died when a Russian-built Yakovlev-52 aeroplane crashed into a sports field, near a children’s playground, in Timona Park about 10.45am on January 23rd.
- At least 2 more Chinese visitors killed on NZ Roads Posted on January 13, 2012
- Tourist, aged 5, brutally raped
- A 30-year-old Aussie Killed Outside Bar
- Another emigrant killed in New Zealand Posted on December 12, 2011
- An unidentified 22-year-old female tourist was killed when she was hit by a truck on a motorway near Auckland Airport on New Years Day 2012.
- A 44-year-old Italian man, Alesana Seneka, who lived in Auckland drowned on 3rd of January, 2012 at Papamoa Beach near Tauranga.
- A 53-year-old woman from Germany was killed in a head-on collision near Haast and her partner sustained leg and shoulder injuries. He was taken to Grey Hospital in Greymouth
Killed in New Zealand 2011 [Reported Deaths Only]
- British student Warren Dean of Horsham, West Sussex, was killed after a driver he was trying to stop fly-tipping ran him over in New Zealand. 6 Nov 2011
- Another emigrant killed in New Zealand. Phillip Alexander Cottrell, 43, a Scottish journalist, was murdered in central Wellington. He was savagely beaten and died of extensive brain damage. Mr Cottrell was 2,303th foreigner to be murdered/ killed in New Zealand since January 2000.
- Three more tourists were killed in New Zealand. Two female tourists were killed near Franz Josef Glacier, while a third visitor allegedly fell to his death in Kahurangi National Park in New Zealand. They have been named as Poi Moy Tan, 31, of Singapore, and Yu-Ling Chen, 28, of Taiwan. The 3rd tourists was John Leo Hannah, 63, who lived in Nelson.
- Ethiopian woman Meme Tsige Woldeyesus, 33, emigrated to New Zealand a year ago with her three children and high hopes of starting a new life. She was killed in a blaze in Auckland on Wednesday, December 7, 2011.
- Filipino father-of-four Edwin Sarmiento, 42, was killed and another Filipino, Antonio Maniago, 34, seriously injured when a cherry picker toppled over while they were doing lines work near the Makara wind farm on June 2. [Posted on December 1, 2011.]
- Wellington Police removed body of an elderly Asian man found near the Tinakori Road State Highway One off ramp earlier today [30 Nov, 2011].
- British World Cup rugby fan killed in New Zealand The body of 39-year-old Ian Oliver Randall was pulled out of the Maruia Falls on the South Island by a police diving squad on 1 October 2011.
- Indian No XXXX Murdered in New Zealand. The 22-year-old security guard was assaulted and died from head injuries on November 18. He was the 2,290th foreigner to be murdered/ killed in New Zealand.
- More Deaths in the Darkland. Natalia Joy Hume, 20, who died on Sunday after falling from Clifton Hill above Peacock’s Gallop, in Sumner had been abandoned in a shoebox at a Russian orphanage 20 years earlier, according to a report.
- Philomen Gulland, 48, mother of two, was killed and six others injured in a massive methane blast which rocked the suburb of Onehunga about 7.30am on June 4, 2011.
- More Murders and Road Kills in New Zealand. A 27-year-old Chinese woman was killed after her car went out of control and smashed into a fencepost on State Highway 57 near Tokomaru.
- Five More Foreigners Killed or Missing in New Zealand [NOTE: The two Frenchmen drowned in December 2010.]
- Two More Tourists Killed in New Zealand. The 2,205th and 2,206th foreign victims of World’s Top Tourist Deathtrap were an Aussie and a Dutchman. Dutchman Bram Klaarenbeek, 38, died while being operated on in Waikato Hospital on Friday after a fall at Whakapapa Ski Field earlier in the day. Sydneysider Tim Stone, 29, sustained severe head injuries while snowboarding at Mt Cheeseman near Christchurch. He died in Christchurch Hospital on Sunday afternoon.
- Chinese graduate student, Yue `Alice’ Gui was probably Raped and Murdered. Yue Gui, known as Alice, 30, a PhD student from Beijing. Another tragic yet unnecessary and preventable loss of a bright young life! Poor Alice signed her own death warrant by coming to New Zealand.
- Two More People Killed in New Zealand. Two More People Were Killed On New Zealand’s Death Roads
- Another Indian Man Murdered in New Zealand. More Indians are murdered in New Zealand [and Australia] than in any other foreign country. The message has been delivered once again, loud and clear: IF you’re “Black,” “Brown,” or “Yellow,” don’t risk your life by coming to New Zealand. Police say the man whose body was found in the carpark of a Wellington apartment block on Friday was Sanjai Kumar, aged 40.
- Scottish Woman Killed in Wellington[Place of birth disputed!!]
Venessa Green was hit by a bus in Wellington while out for a lunchtime run. Green was described as “caring, generous person, with many friends … dedicated and focused, especially about sport.”
A Partial List of Christchurch Earthquake Victims: At least 90 of Christchurch earthquake victims were foreign students or foreign visitors.
- Christchurch was struck by a magnitude 6.3 earthquake on 22 February 2011, at 12:51 pm (lunchtime). The quake was centred 10km southeast of the city at a depth of about 5km. At least 185 people were killed, and 164 others seriously injured amid major, widespread destruction estimated at about $40 billion.
- The body of missing German tourist Julian Stukenborg was found in Mt Aspiring National Park on June 26, 2011.
- German tourist killed on West Coast road has been named as the 27 year-old Marie-Luise Eckardt, from Brietenbach in Germany. The victim “was a passenger in the car which left the road and hit a tree at Bruce Bay about 1pm yesterday. She died at the scene.“
- Filipino Benedict Dacayan, 37, who lived on the North Shore with his wife and two children, was killed when a tornado struck near Auckland Harbour Bridge. Two other foreigners killed (dead) in the incident were later resurrected by NZ Police Commissioner, AKA the Fat, Lying, B*stard.
- Kousan Sadykov, a 54-year-old man possibly from Kazakhstan, was killed in south Auckland on April 7 “after being hit by his own car on the roadside of Church St, Otahuhu, about 3am, police said.”
- Aarush Macwan tragically drowned near Cromwell. http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/call-police-drop-charge-against-grieving-father-4138881
- Police are investigating the death of a 22-year-old Auckland man [believed to be a foreigner] found lying on the grass at Tauranga’s Carlton Street Reserve yesterday morning.http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/4924852/Police-investigate-death-in-Tauranga
- Police have named two men killed after their helicopter crashed in mountainous terrain in Mount Aspiring National Park yesterday after their bodies were recovered this afternoon. They were pilot Graham Alan Stott, 31, from Wanaka, and student Marcus Hoogvliet, 21, from Frankton, Queenstown. http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/4934971/Bodies-found-in-helicopter-wreckage
At least 90 foreign students/tourists were among the 185 (?) people who were killed in the February 23 Christchurch earthquake [the govt figure is most probably doctored heavily to make the tragedy seem less severe.]
- Young German Woman Killed in New Zealand Posted by te2ataria on March 26, 2011
- Canadian Tourist Killed in New Zealand [Cameron Chad Adrian, 19 from Alberta, Canada.] Posted by te2ataria on March 15, 2011
- Canadian Tourist [Richard Evans, 63,] Killed in New Zealand Posted by te2ataria on February 8, 2011
- Dolphin Watch Ecotours does it again! Many injured as boats collide in NZ’s Marlborough Sounds. Posted by te2ataria on February 5, 2011
- Julia Bernadette Borgoo, 28, mother of a four-month-old child, believed to be a Belgian national, was killed on State Highway 23, in Waikato. She was [at least] the 2,015th foreigner killed in New Zealand since January 2000.
- American Tourist Killed on State Highway 25 near Whitianga
- James Poland, was the latest ‘unlucky’ Aussie to be killed in New Zealand
- Mrs Ranjeeta Sharma, a Fiji national, was [at least] the 2,012th foreigner killed in New Zealand since January 2000.
- An Indonesian man, 29, was killed during a lifeboat exercise aboard a cruise ship in Lyttelton Harbour Saturday, according to the police farce.
- The 2,002th Tourist Killed in New Zealand Was a Russian Woman [January 8, 2011]
- The 2,000th Foreigner to be killed in New Zealand May have been a Brit, or ‘Turkish’ Teenager Cem Erbay
CODE RED NZ ‘Ministry of Truth’ Imposes News Blackout. Sources known to the Moderator have confirmed that one of the pillars of New Zealand’s ‘Ministry of Truth,’ namely New Zealand Press Association, NZPA, a Zionist organization that is responsible for the censorship and control of news flow in New Zealand, has imposed a total ban on reporting incidents of murder, road death, rape, robbery and assault on tourists (and foreign nationals) in the country.
TODAY’S NEWS BLACKOUT ALERT LEVEL:
‘DEFCON ZERO’ CODE ULTRA-RED
NOTE: Smart blog contributors have provided us with a “bleeding-edge” statistical model which calculates the number of foreigners killed in New Zealand based on the long term data and other information. The average number of foreigners killed in New Zealand is currently 2 people every three days, or 243 people throughout 2010.
New Zealand Killing Fields 2010
At least 1,967 foreign students, visitors, tourists and new immigrants have been Killed in NZ between January 2000 and 24 November 2010
- Young Aussie Killed in New Zealand Eng Wu Ong, 21, of Melbourne Killed on Mt Aspiring.Posted on December 15, 2010
- 5 of the 10 Weekend Kills in NZ Probably Tourists.Of the Ten REPORTED Weekend Deaths, Five May Have Been Tourists. [Posted on December 12, 2010]
- South Korean Tourist Killed in New Zealand. A body believed to be that of the missing tourist Ergine Cho, 31, from Incheon, South Korea, has been found near Franz Josef Glacier, according to the media reports. [Posted on December 7, 2010]
- Two Frenchmen Killed in NZ Raphael Serge Soubrier, 21, and Yoann Lucien Georges Firdion, 24.were killed near Queenstown. Their bodies were found floating in Lake Wakatipu.[Posted on December 7, 2010]
- “The IPCA found no aspect of police officers’ conduct could be faulted over the deaths of Steven John Gorrie and Makoto Izumi in Dome Valley, near Warkworth, north of Auckland, on April 4 and Ricky Allan Forbes near Murchison, 130km southwest of Nelson, on February 21,” according to a report. [We didn’t expect a different outcome.]
- The 1975th Tourist Killed in New Zealand. Uruguayan Tourist Eiraldi Hernandez Was the 1975th Foreigner Killed in New Zealand Police farce say the 23-year-old woman was killed in a car crash on the Te Anau-Manapouri highway near Te Anau on December 3rd. Ms Hernandez was reportedly “travelling around New Zealand on a working holiday.”
- Five foreign miners, who were among 29 miners trapped in New Zealand’s Pike River coalmine, were murdered when NZ Army blew up the mine. The victims were: two Australian miners, William Joynson, 49, and Joshua Ufer, 25, two Britons, Malcolm Campbell, 43, and Peter Rodger, 40, and a South African miner Jacobus Jonker, 47. [Posted on November 24, 2010]
- Swedish Woman Killed in New Zealand Swimming with Dolphins. The Swede was [at least] the 1,964th foreigner to be killed in NZ. Posted by te2ataria on November 20, 2010.
- YET ANOTHER BRIT KILLED IN NEW ZEALAND. Death Clock for Jane Bishop, 27, Started Ticking When She Arrived in New Zealand. The 27-year-old nurse from East Sussex was crushed to death by a truck after she swerved to avoid a car door being opened. Miss Bishop was at least the 1,961th foreigner to be killed in New Zealand since January 2000. Posted on November 20, 2010
- 2 Foreigners Among 14 Killed in NZ Posted by te2ataria on November 14, 2010
- Irish man killed in New Zealand crash is named as 23-year-old Leslie Armitage from Co Tipperary
- Dismembered body of SA woman removed Posted by te2ataria on October 2, 2010
- New Zealand Air Crash Kills 9 Posted by te2ataria on September 11, 2010
- Irishman killed in New Zealand skydiving crash
- NSW man Barry Pearson, 56, killed in New Zealand car crash
- 22 Foreigners Killed in New Zealand in June 2010 Posted by te2ataria on July 6, 2010
At least 1,867 New Foreigners have been Killed in NZ between January 2000 and end June 2010
At least 22 Foreigners were Killed and more than a 100 injured in New Zealand in June 2010
Only details of a few of the victims were released by govt/media. A few of those are listed on this blog.
The following is a partial list of foreigners who were killed in New Zealand in Mat 2010, and whose news of death the government/media were unable to suppress:
- Another Chinese Girl Murdered in New Zealand The body of Jiayi Li, also known as “Kiko”, was found in the boot of her car. The 18-year-old victim was gang-raped before her murder. She was the 1,844th foreigner to be killed in New Zealand since January 2000.
- Jason Palmer, 33, a US citizen who moved to New Zealand, was killed on May 16, 2010.
- Michael Treffers, 15, a King’s College student died at Auckland City Hospital after his life support was switched off following a mysterious fall on May 16, 2010.
- Young Jin Baek, 44, Korean father and husband whose estranged wife and two teenage daughters were killed five days earlier, was found dead in Christchurch, New Zealand on May 10, 2010.
- Sung Eun Cho, 43, Yeon Jae Baek, 17, known as Holly, and Yeon Sue Baek, 13, known as Kelly were found dead at their home, a suburban house in Apsley Drive, Russley, Christchurch, New Zealand on May 5, 2010. Where they murdered, killed or committed suicide?
- Blog’s statistical analysis shows that two foreigners are killed in New Zealand every three days throughout 2010.
Between January 1, 2010 and April 11, 2010, at least 68 foreigners have been murdered, killed or otherwise lost their lives in New Zealand. Up to 200 other foreigners have been seriously injured, many of them critically.
The only information released by the government/ media on the deaths and injuries to the foreigners are posted at:
- News of Dead Tourists Still Trickle in Despite the government threats,
- Robert Anthony Hindle and his wife Ann were killed involved in a collision on Wednesday near the town of Mossburn in South Island, NZ.
- Back in the Animal Farm
- Road Toll, Visitor Deaths in New Zealand
- At Least 2 More Tourists Killed in New Zealand in less than 24 hrs
- 116 Killed or Seriously Injured on NZ Roads in the first 16 days of 2010
- Foreign Tourists up to 50 times more likely to get killed in New Zealand than in own country
- Another Weekend of Death in New Zealand
- NZ Police Murder 2, Leave 2 Others Critically injured
- Another Nameless Foreigner Killed in New Zealand
- Meada Rose Wood’s only mistake in life was choosing to study in New Zealand! Miss Wood, 28, an American student was killed violently after a truck crashed into her car near Opiki School. She died in agony at the scene, the intersection of State Deathway 56 (Opiki Rd), and Tane and Poplar roads about 2.30pm yesterday, a report said. The truck driver was unhurt. [Feb 19, 2010]
- An Englishwoman was killed in a head-on crash north of Dargaville. [February 18, 2010] Thanks to a reader comment posted on April 11, which brought the even to the Moderators’ attention.
- Taiwanese Woman, Englishwoman change tour schedule to meet their maker [February 17, 2010]
- Another Missing Brit in NZ Presumed Dead [The victim’s body has since been found.] Peter Stephen Jones, 45, went missing at Paritutu Beach 5km west of New Plymouth city centre yesterday. [February 15, 2010]
- A Chinese exchange student drowned when he went for a swim with his foster family. The body of the unnamed 19-year-old teen, who arrived in New Zealand 3 days ago, was found on nearby Scarborough Beach early Sunday, a report said. [February 8, 2010]
- The body of another man, believed to be a foreign tourist, was discovered by a fishing boat on Sunday. The body may have been in the water for up to 10 days, but the police had no idea who the second victim was. [February 8, 2010]
- Aussie No xx37 Killed in New Zealand. An Australian tourist was killed in a car crash in Rotorua yesterday. The man was at least the 24th tourist killed in New Zealand in 2010, and the 1,786th victim since January 2000. [February 6, 2010]
- Another German tourist killed in New Zealand. A German tourist reportedly drowned at Kaiteriteri beach near Motueka. Christel Neuhauser, an elderly German Tourist, reportedly drowned at Kaiteriteri beach near Motueka on Monday afternoon. According to a preliminary post-mortem report, the victim drowned, a Motueka policeman told a local paper, NZHerald said. [February 3, 2010]
- Another Indian Taxi Driver Murdered in New Zealand. More Indian/”colored” Taxi Drivers Are Murdered or Seriously Assaulted in New Zealand than in Any Other Country in the World. Hiren Mohini (DOB: 27/10/1970), an Indian taxi driver, picked up a passenger in the city of Auckland, and was later found stabbed to death on View Road, off Dominion Road in the Mount Eden area, a news report said. [January 31, 2010]
- New Zealand Kills Another American Tourist. An American woman was killed in the Mohaka River near Hastings, New Zealand, during a rafting incident yesterday at 15:00, police said. However, they have not revealed how she was killed. Her body was unceremoniously recovered from the river and dumped in the hospital morgue at the Hawke’s Bay Hospital. [January 18, 2010]
- Australian Woman Murdered in New Zealand. The body of the 53-year-old woman was reportedly found at a suburban home in Frankton, Hamilton, New Zealand, about noon yesterday. [January 20, 2010]
- Lam Xuan Hu, a 24-year-old Vietnamese student who was staying in Manukau, was fatally injured after he was hit by an 80 kg wheel as he traveled in a bus. His life support was turned off after the hospital authorities pronounced him brain dead. [Jan 16, 2010]
- Kim Sol, a Vietnamese national, said to be in his 20s, who was fatally injured after the [defective] vehicle in which he was a passenger crashed, died in Hawke’s Bay Hospital on January 15, 2010. [Jan 16, 2010]
- Jae Hyun Ahn, a 35-year-old South Korean man was killed after he was struck by a car on a one-way bridge, on State Highway 25 in the Coromandel, near Tairua, on Saturday, January 9, 2010.
- Anderson Luiz Dos Santos, 32, a Brazilian national was killed in a crash near Queenstown on Friday evening. He was one of at least two foreigners who were killed in New Zealand between 8 and 10 January 2010.
- Mia Susanne Pusch, 19, from Fulda, in Germany, while on a cycling holiday in New Zealand, was crushed to death this morning after she was struck by a truck-trailer in Manawatu, on State Highway 3. [5 January 2010]
- New Zealand Kills Irish Woman. Cushla Rachael Braddock, who went missing on Sunday, was found dead by passers-by at Pomare in the Hutt Valley. [5 January 2010]
- Filipino Killed in New Zealand. The 35-year-old man was allegedly swept off the Dawsons Ledge rocks while fishing about 5.40pm yesterday in perfectly calm waters. [3 January 2010]
- American woman first foreigner killed in 2010 Deborah Howell, 68, a veteran editor and former Washington Post ombudsman was struck by a car and killed near Blenheim, New Zealand. [1 January 2010]
New Zealand Killing Fields 2009
- In 2009 at least 183 foreigners were murdered, killed in preventable accidents or otherwise lost their lives in New Zealand
- Between January 1, 2000 and December 31, 2009 at least 1,762 foreigners were murdered, killed in preventable accidents or otherwise perished in NZ.
CODE RED NZ ‘Ministry of Truth’ Imposes News Blackout. Sources known to the Moderator have confirmed that one of the pillars of New Zealand’s ‘Ministry of Truth,’ namely New Zealand Press Association, NZPA, a Zionist organization that is responsible for the censorship and control of news flow in New Zealand, has imposed a total ban on reporting incidents of murder, road death, rape, robbery and assault on tourists (and foreign nationals) in the country.
- New Zealand Kills Tongan Woman. A Tongan woman was killed on the way to a family reunion in the Hawke’s Bay. The woman, 67, was killed when the car in which she was traveling went out of control on State Highway 2 near Hamua, about 50km northeast of Masterton.
- The 1,759th and 1,760th Tourists to be killed in New Zealand since January 2000 were a European couple.The victims were named as Eva Fajula Rovira, 34, and Joan Roma Serra, also 34.They died at the scene of the crash near Towai, south of Kawakawa, Northland, New Zealand. It’s not known whether they could have been saved had the emergency arrived at the scene earlier.
- Simon Eckersley, an Australian man, was found dead in Gisborne. He was reported missing on October 14 after his car was abandoned at Makorori Hill lookout on the East Coast highway. There were sightings of him later back in the city. [November 23, 2009]
- The body of Hungarian kayaker Gellert Csaba Mudra from Lake Wakatipu was found, who had gone missing for a week after he went missing.
Another Asian Woman Killed in New Zealand. Ling Phang, 42, believed to be a Malaysian national, was hit by a bus in Wellington, New Zealand, while out jogging this morning. [November 13, 2009]
Second Dutch National Killed in New Zealand in 3 Days. Helene Roosen a 29-year-old Dutch national, was killed in a 2-vehicle head-on collision north of Greymouth, New Zealand this morning. [November 10, 2009]
New Zealand Kills another Flying Dutchman. Michael Joseph Rozijn, 29, a young father from Holland, was killed after falling 60 meters onto rocks below. [November 10, 2009]
Yet Another Brit Proudly Killed in New Zealand. Matthew Byron Allison, 26, was found dead near the base of Chinaman’s Bluff, 50km northwest of Queenstown, New Zealand, yesterday.[November 8, 2009]
Police released details of the Saudi national killed on State Highway 2 near Waihi on Monday. He was Saleh Adels Faidah, 21, an English language student in New Zealand. The other 7 students traveling with him in the rental ‘mini-van,’ almost certainly a defective and unroadworthy vehicle, sustained mild to moderate injuries. [October 26, 2009]
- A 27-year-old “mystery” American woman was killed today while swimming with dolphins in Tory Channel in the Marlborough Sounds, South island, New Zealand. She was later identified as Emily May Harper, 27, from Denver, Colorado. [October 20, 2009]
- An unnamed female, 22, from an undisclosed county was killed when the car she was driving went out of control and slammed into a tree in Broadwood, south of Kaitaia, Northland yesterday morning. The police say they will not release the victim’s name until her relatives overseas can be contacted. They have also refused to release her nationality, which has no bearing on their privacy claim. See this page for other examples. [October 6, 2009] —
UPDATE: The victim, whose decomposing body was found in the wreck of her rental car, was named as Eva Kosanic, aged 20 or 22, depending on who you believe. She was a French intern at Environmental Science and Research in Christchurch, or a tourist, who was due to return to France soon.
- Indian Student Missing in New Zealand, Presumed “Murdered.” Srikanth Rayadurgam, 23, an AUT student has been missing on October 1, 2009, presumed dead. Moderator believes he was the victim of yet another racial murder in New Zealand. [October 1, 2009]
- Kok Wong, 32, a Malaysian tourist, disappeared from Aoraki Mount Cook village on October 1, 2009, never to be found again. In all likelihood Mr Wong was killed or murdered shortly after. Mr Kok Wong’s personal items and luggage were found in his hostel room, police said, adding that his bed had not been slept in overnight, the day after his disappearance. [October 1, 2009]
- Thuong Si Nguyen, 32, and father of two young kids, was hacked to death with swords in Papatoetoe on August 27. His murderers didn’t use NZ-brewed kiwi-flavored Agent Orange to kill him. The news of this slaying only became available a month after the event. [August 27, 2009]
- Up to three Vanuatuan were killed after a van carrying a party five rolled in the Waikato area earlier today. Police confirmed the details of only one victim, a 58-year-old woman named Elizabeth Iavman. [September 23, 2009]
- Frank van Kampen, 46, worked on oil rigs in the North Sea for many years before going to New Zealand to work for the Department of Conservation. He Survived the Extreme Perils of North Sea, only to be mowed down by a drunken old witch in New Zealand. Michael became a father just 10 weeks before he was killed.
- Vimbai Machakaire, 3, drowned in a neighbor’s swimming pool. She was initially being reported to police as missing 90 minutes earlier on November 28, 2008. The Machakaire family came from Zimbabwe. The news of her death reached the blog today. Waitakere City Council chose not to prosecute the pool’s owner, probably because the young victim was black. [September 21, 2009]
- Three English tourists, members of grief-stricken Geoff Eades family, were killed in a crash in Christchurch September 16, 2009. They were, Sera Eades, 60, her granddaughter Iva Harper, aged 3, and Valerie Susan Bryan, 68, her cousin. Mr Eades was driving the car, which went out of control colliding with a power pole in Christchurch suburb of New Brighton about 6.20pm, Wedbnesday night. [September 16, 2009]
Kenyan man Steven Mwangi Maina, 38, was murdered in Christchurch on Monday September 14, 2009.
Edward Sai Louie, 18-yo student, fell through an ice shelf on Mt Rolleston near Arthur’s Pass on Saturday September 12, 2009. He is presumed dead. Police said a friend who was skiing with Mr Sai Louie did not want to be named, and presumably is not a suspect in a possible foul play, either. The Mt Cook Rescue Team [sic] abandoned its half-hearted search plan Sunday night, while “police said earlier attempts to get to the area where the man went missing were hampered because of a high risk of causing an avalanche.” [September 12, 2009]
- Australian neurosurgeon Stan Siejka, 51, from Tasmania was killed after he fell into one of New Zealand’s tourist black holes, Porters ski area, near Canterbury, on Wednesday September 11. Dr Siejka was the only neurologist working at the Launceston General Hospital, and will be sadly missed. It remains a mystery why such an intelligent man with a brilliant career chose New Zealand as a holiday destination. [September 11, 2009]
- Who killed Masashi Hayama? Just a day after their media release concerning the disappearance of the victim, New Zealand police farce announced that the body found on rocks at Tawhirinui Peninsula was that of Masashi Hayama, 22, a Japanese man living in New Zealand. We’ll probably never know for sure who killed Mr Hayama. However, there’s enough circumstantial evidence to suggest that he was victim of foul play, most probably a racist murder. [September 6, 2009]
- New Zealand Kills 2 More Mexican Students. Student pilots Juan Carlos Cruz Felix, 21, and Erick Garcia Marques, 18, were killed when their Piper Cherokee crashed near Lake Coleridge on January 16, 2008, according to The Press. The account of this double negligent homicides only came to our attention because it was reported ‘again,’ this time widely; the father of one victim couldn’t let go! Otherwise, details of the double homicides would have been buried with the victims like so many other murder/killing/ negligent homicide cases have been in New Zealand.
- Jen Richardon, 34, a German national was killed in a hit and run incident at Leeston, 45km southwest of Christchurch On August 6, 2009. Mr Richardon was a doctoral student, as well as an Associate Chaplin. He may have been a victim of foul play. Jen Richardon was the 1,585th foreigner to be killed in New Zealand sine January 1, 2000. [August 6, 2009]
- Llynden Riethmuller, 61, an Australian company director from New South Wales, was killed in an avalanche while skiing in the Southern Alps July 24, 2009. He was killed after being buried by an avalanche in the Ragged Ranges, near Methven, South Island, NZ. [July 24, 2009]
[Note: Since the beginning of July 2009 [25 days ago,] at least 17 foreigners have lost their lives in New Zealand, but the Ministry of Truth [or Minitrue, in Newspeak] has only released the names of two of them so far.]
- The 1,570th foreigner to be killed in New Zealand was Kyungee Park, a Korean nurse whose NZ death clock had started ticking. One of 13 passengers on a tourist bus, she was killed when the bus rolled on the Milford Highway (Highway 94) near Te Anau Downs, New Zealand. Four other tourists were reportedly injured critically and may join this list. [July 9, 2009]
- ‘Taranaki dead-bodies recovery team’ found the body of a missing Chinese engineer Xizhong Zhu, 49, known as Mark, this morning. For a 3-week period, Mr Zhu became the 459th foreigner to go missing without a trace in New Zealand. Mr Zhu was probably assassinated by the NZ SIS. [June 18, 2009]
- James Patrick Smith, 25, from the county of Kent, UK, was killed after he fell/was pushed over a roof 10 meters down into an alleyway in Queenstown, New Zealand. As usual, NZ police didn’t waste any time to investigate the incident, but said the murder/death was`t suspicious! [June 5, 2009]
- Gerrit Bram Bergveld, 28, a Dutch tourist, was reduced to a smudge on the road after he was run over by a logging truck in the Bay of Plenty. The New Zealand Death Clock had started ticking for Mr Bergveld, 28, (and his partner) the moment he left the Netherlands, and finally stopped at Mt Maunganui intersection at 9.00am yesterday. [May 29, 2009]
- Dalu Mncube, a South African animal keeper was mauled to death by a white tiger at Zion (!) wildlife park in New Zealand as visitors watched on. [May 27, 2009]
Another Asian Woman Murdered in New Zealand. The woman’s body was discovered in Auckland’s Western Springs. The police said a post mortem showed “the death of the middle-aged woman was caused by somebody else.”When someone translated the phrase into simple English, they instantly knew the incident should be treated as homicide. The murder victim was identified as Nuttidar Vaikaen, 48, said to be a Thai Prostitute. [15 May 2009]
The incompetent NZ police finally released name and details of a man killed in a road crash on SH1 at Te Hana north of Wellsford on April 26, 2009. The victim was identified as Harjinder Singh, 25.
- James Cho, 49, was targeted by two cars traveling in opposite directions playing the game of “who got the gook first!” on the North Shore at the weekend. He was struck by both cars as he crossed Sunset Rd on Saturday afternoon, the nincompoop police said, and died earlier today. [May 13, 2009]
- A 31-year-old Italian tourist was killed in a head-on collision with a big “stock” truck that reduced his vehicle [described as a van] to the size of a suitcase. As per usual, the police has not released the victim’s name. See other nameless entries on this page. [May 12, 2009]
- Paul Chong, 51, a Chinese man was stabbed to death in the suburb of Glenfield on Auckland’s North Shore. First the police said the perpetrators where pakeha [European land thieve,] then they were instructed by higher authorities to change their story, blaming the murder on Maori or Polynesians. This is another of those common practices by New Zealand’s racist police. See main entry for photo of one of the suspects. [May 11, 2009]
- Elizabeth Daisy Moss (Libby) was another Brit who was killed in New Zealand UNNECESSARILY! A tribute read: “For 19 years she shone brightly, but in the early hours of Thursday the light that emanated from Elizabeth Daisy Moss was put out, but never spent.”Libby’s fate was sealed when her family emigrated to New Zealand 5 years ago. Her grieved parents Alan and Julie Moss, and two brothers Harry, 18, and George, 15, came from Stafford in the English Midlands, presumably in search of a better [sic,] safer [sic] life. Had she stayed in England, she probably would have still been alive. [April 30, 2009]
- Jieun Jung, 29, a Korean PhD student, who was knocked off her scooter by a truck in Palmerston North on April 18, 2009 died in Wellington Hospital this morning. If Mrs Jung husband Wasn’t living with her, the news of her death would not have been published. [Apr 29, 2009]
- The 1,522nd Foreigner to be murdered, killed, or otherwise to leave New Zealand in a body bag since January 2000 was a Chinese female student! An unnamed Chinese female student from Palmerston North was killed and at least two others were injured, NZPA reported a Youthtown Trust Rescue Helicopter pilot as saying. [April 24, 2009]
- A man believed to be a foreign visitor was killed after falling from the top of Hunua Falls in South Auckland. Police Infector Barry Smelley said the man was killed at 4.15pm this afternoon, but refused to give details of his fall or his identity. [April 13, 2009]
- Jasmatbhai Patel, a 78-year-old Indian grandfather, received critical brain injuries and was subsequently put into an induced coma at Auckland Hospital, yesterday. [April 8, 2009]
- Rajdeep Singh, 25, an Auckland University of Technology student who had been in New Zealand for only two months, was killed on Saturday. According to NZPA, the Zionist organization in charge of the news censorship in New Zealand, Mr Singh who was on an AUT outing with his colleagues was drowned. Despite the official gag there was no way for the authorities/NZPA to prevent this news from leaking out because there were too many witnesses. [April 4, 2009]
- Israeli tourist, “Or Eliyahu Ben-David,” 22, was killed and five others were taken to hospital with serious or critical injuries following a two-car crash on the Owaka Highway in South Otago, near the Finegand freezing works, about 8.50pm on March 19, 2009.
- Less than a week after flying out of New Zealand, the bodies of a wealthy mother, Jude Richmond and her daughter Millie Whitehead-Richmond, 9, who suffered from cerebral palsy, were discovered in a lake next to their home in Cotswolds village of South Cerney, England. There’s strong possibility that both were victims of contract killings carried out by cold-blooded assassins who were trained by NZ military. [March 15, 2009]
- Celia Kelly, 22, a University of Washington Student vacationing in New Zealand was killed and three others were seriously or critically injured in a head-on collision on State Highway 1 at Maroa, 20km north of Taupo on March 15, 2009. Celia Kelly loved the ocean and dedicated more than 800 hours volunteering as a naturalist at the Seattle Aquarium in the state of Washington. NZ police wouldn’t say how many of them have survived. Another person who received near fatal injuries was a 28-year-old man from Putaruru, the driver of a second car involved in the collision. The fiery crash occurred between Tram Rd and Oruanui Rd at Wairakei, New Zealand, about 20km north of Taupo, at midday. [March 15, 2009]
- Stephan Stoermer, 38, of Frankfurt, Germany was killed when a fully laden truck and trailer unit ran him over on State Highway 2 near Te Puke at 5.45pm March 12, 2009. It took the authorities 5 days to release his name, however, the Moderator is still waiting for the names of several other victims to be released, including the two Swedish visitors who were killed two weeks ago. [March 12, 2009]
- Joelle Marguerite Janine Gaiffe, a French woman who lived in the Tahitian capital Papeete, was killed in a head-on collision. She was the passenger in an [unroadworthy rental] 1996 Honda Integra when it collided head-on with a Nissan Pathfinder on Puke aruhe [Death] Rd, near Wai-iti, north of Urenui, and was killed at the scene at about 4pm on March 10, 2009. Her husband, Francis Louis Georges Gaiffe, 43, suffered serious leg and facial injuries. A 24-year-old Canadian man, and a NZer were also taken to hospital with non-fatal injuries. [March 10, 2009]
- Gerardo Bean, 27, a commercial pilot from Argentina, and Andrew Scotland, 34, a New Zealander, were killed after their ‘defective’ hang glider made a steep turn, the wings folded back and collapsed. [March 10, 2009]
- A man, 65, believed to be a tourist, reportedly drowned while snorkeling. However, within hours of the report being published, all references were removed from the internet. [March 4, 2009]
- Two young Swedish women were killed just hours after arriving in NZ. Their ‘defective’ rental car went out of control, crossed the center line and hit another car near Whangarei, North Island. As of March 5, 2009, when this entry was made, NZ police had not released their names. [March 1, 2009]
- Ichiro Murai, 54, a Japanese tourist was killed and an Englishman was seriously injured when their ‘faulty’ glider crashed in New Zealand’s South Island [February 27, 2009]
- Sanele Sanato, 36, a Samoan national who was viciously attacked on February 25, died of his injuries in Auckland’d Middlemore Hospital on Thursday 26, 2009
- Thomas Michael Donaldson died shortly after the hospital authorities in Auckland City Hospital turned off his life support on February 25, 2009. The English tourist, a 23-year-old trainee doctor, allegedly fell off a board while surfing sand dunes near Hokianga Harbour in Northland the previous week. [February 25, 2009]
- The body of Sean Lawson was found a day after he went missing. Mr Lawson was an American tourist from Alaska who became the latest victim of New Zealand. The authorities did not release any details concerning his mysterious death. [February 24, 2009]
- Leonida Gashi, 18, an Albanian refugee, tripped in front of the bus. She was dragged for 400 meters before the driver stopped the bus, and died a few hours later. [February 9, 2009]
For the Record: The Blog Moderator and Contributors believe another News Blackout on the exact number of foreigners killed, raped, assaulted and robbed in New Zealand is currently in place. [February 9, 2009]
- British national, Gary Stuart Smith, 30,was the 1,475th foreigner to be murdered in New Zealand or killed on its roads since January 1, 2000. [January 30, 2009]
- Ohad Dotank, 26, an Israeli tourist was the 40th Foreigner to be killed in New Zealand Since New Year Holidays [January 29, 2009]
- The body of a missing Queenstown tramping guide was found [January 22, 2009]
- Another teenager, most probably a tourist, was Killed in New Zealand [January 20, 2009]
Note: in the four-day period January 16 – 20, 2009 at least four other corpses were recovered throughout the country. However, no details were released by the New Zealand police/media.
- Indian born brothers from Australia, Ashish, 24, and Akshay Miranda, 22, were crushed to death by falling ice at Fox Glacier [January 7, 2009.]
- Anton Woitasek, 34, and Lawrence Singleton, 51, were killed when their jetboat collided with a jetskion the Kawarau River. The woman on the jetski was flown to hospital where she remaind in critical condition. Her fate will probably won’t be reported. [January 5, 2009]
- Irina Yun. Missing presumed dead. The 36-yo Koraen woman, who grew up in Kazahkstan, went missing in Mt Aspiring National Park [officially] on December 31, 2008.
- At least 5, possibly as many as 13 tourists were killed in New Zealand over the holiday period [Christmas – New Year 2009.] However the New Zealand un-authorities have not released their names or any other details.
- Goran Oskarsson, 50, a Swedish police inspector, was killed this morning. His wife was flown to Waikato Hospital with serious head injuries and broken bones; his three teenage children were also taken to hospital. [January 1, 2009]
New Zealand Killing Fields 2008
- Paul Joseph Woods, 29, a British doctor was killed when the jetboat he was traveling in flipped and crushed him to death on the dangerous Matukituki River at Mt Aspiring National Death Park.
- New Zealand kills another Asian, possibly a Chinese man. The death of this 37-yo victim was considered so insignificant, the authorities didn’t even release his name. Let’s call him the ”Colored” Jesus, since he was killed on Xmas day—assuming the original “J” was white [sic.]
- Spaniard Murdered by New Zealand Police. Francisco Javier De Larratea Soler, 43, was beaten by at least three police scumbags [officers] between 11.30am and 5.20pm on Friday [December 19, 2008] until his life was taken away from him in the police station.
- Dr Mark Vinar, 43, an Australian tourist, is presumed dead after either falling into a crevasse or being buried under snow and ice on Mt Cook. [December 13, 2008]
- Father of five Afghani taxidriver Abdulrahman Ikhtiari was murdered by stabbing in Christchurch, New Zealand. [December 6, 2008]
- Japanese mountain guide Kiyoshi Ikenouchi, 49, was left to die on Mt Cook, New Zealand. [December 5, 2008]
- Shafiee Ahmad, 51, the Deputy Dean of Student Affairs at the Communications and Media Studies Faculty, Universiti Teknologi Mara, Malaysia, was killed on New Zealand’s death roads. [December 3, 2008]
- Mariyam Sakinah Ahmad, 21, a second year broadcasting student, Universiti Teknologi Mara, Malaysia, was killed on New Zealand’s death roads.
- Eoin Doran, 21, an Irish visitor, was the 1,429th tourist to be killed in New Zealand since January 1, 2000 [November 26, 2008]
- Libby Templeman, 15, a British schoolgirl, was murdered in Kerikeri, poxy New Zealand.
- Fahad Alsalmah, 25, a Saudi student, was murdered by New Zealand police [A Saudi Arabian newspaper said there were two bullets in Alsalmah’s body.]
- Lakhbir Singh, 39, “just another Indian,” was found dead on railway tracks [Swiss visitor Christophe Paul Breisinger was also killed in similar circumstances]
- Rakeshkumar Babulal Modi, 35, an Indian a farm worker, was killed when his defective quad bike overturned, reports sid.
- Hui Zhen Wang, 70, a Chinese woman, was reportedly killed by a train. [12 Nov 2008]
- Christophe Paul Breisinger, 23, a Swiss electrician on a working holiday in NZ was ‘killed by a train’ in unusual circumstances. [October 20, 2008]
- Dr Min Loke Wong, 52, a Chinese Consultant in Rheumatology was killed in his place of work at Waikato Hospital in mysterious circumstances.
- The body of Jae Hyeon Kim, 25, S. Korean tourist who went missing in 2003 was reportedly found. A New Zealander had chopped off Mr Kim’s head with a garden spade, a witness said.
- Mrs Yan Wang, 42, a Chinese tourist who was left to drown after the Jet boat she was a passenger on crashed. [September 4, 2008]
- New Zealand’s racist police found a body believed to be that of missing Korean Hyung Jun Cho who went missing ten months ago.
- The body of 17-year-old Tianye LU, a Chinese national, was found in the Waikato River.
- Yi Ren, also known as Tina, a 30 year-old Chinese national from Beijing, was murdered in Auckland.
- Mrs Joanne Wang, 39, a Chinese mother and business woman was murdered in front of her child.
- Mrs Yin Ping Yang, 80, a Chinese grandmother.
- An Indonesian man was also stabbed to death in a ground floor of the same apartment in the New Zealand city of Auckland. [Jul 21, 2008]
- David Roberts, 43, from Caernarfon, north Wales, was found dead in Auckland on Saturday, his family said. He was stabbed to death in a ground floor apartment in the New Zealand city. [Jul 21, 2008]
- Jacek Grzybowski, 28, a Polish computer software engineer [police say he was drowned while crossing a shallow stream!]
- Emily Louise Jordan, 21, of Worcester in England was killed in New Zealand.
- Yet another Japanese student was killed [victim was not named.]
- New Zealand Police said yesterday that the 19-year-old Chinese teenager found dead in a suitcase floating in Auckland’s Waitemata Harbour was Wan Biao, a student from East China’s Zhejiang Province. Hollewand said a distinctive mark on Wan’s body helped to confirm his identity.
- Alan Paul Leger, a 57-year-old from Boston, just a name to the readers, but a real person to his family, alive and well just a few days ago, is now dead. Was he murdered, or did he die because the authorities failed to warn him of the dangers? Either way, one or more people are directly responsible for his death and they should be brought to account. [February 28, 2008]
- One Chinese tourist was killed, nine others hurt [8 of them in critical condition ] in “horror car crash”
- Sarah Katie Bond, 24, a UK tourist was killed when she lost control of her defective rented quad bike.
- Klaus Jakob, 44, a German tourist was hit by a car in Rotorua, New Zealand. It not known how long it took before he was taken to a local Hospital, however, he died a few hours later.
- Liat Okin, 35, an Israeli tourist went missing on March 26, 2008 and her body was found about two month later on May 16, 2008.
- A 19-year-old male English tourist has died in a quad bike accident on a kiwifruit orchard in Katikati. To the best of our knowledge, his name was never released. [Senior Sergeant Stu Graham +Tauranga Hospital]
- A 25-year-old Korean national was killed when two cars collided on State Highway 2, near Clive, 10km north of Hastings. [February 17, 2008]
- Four members of a Chinese family from Hong Kong, including a girl aged 10, were killed in New Zealand.
- The body of of a 19-year-old Zimbabwean was found on New Zealand’s Mount Maunganui beach by a passerby on Friday, March 29,2008.
- Kathryn Jane Barnett, 49, president, co-owner and publisher of Pique Newsmagazine, was fatally injured when a vehicle, traveling uphill, hit her from behind. Mrs Barnett was an experienced cyclist and was riding well to the left [legal side] of the road.
- Karen Aims. Karen, 26, a visitor from Orkney Islands, was brutalized and murdered in Taupo, New Zealand.
- Heidi Paakkonen. Heidi, 21, and her fiancé, Sven Hoglin, 23, Swedish tourists, who were returning to Sweden to marry were brutally murdered. The remains of Heidi Paakkonen’s who might have been 14 weeks pregnant at the time of her murder, are missing.
- Kayo Matsuzawa. Kayo, 29, a Japanese tourist, thought New Zealand was a safe place to visit – a mistake that cost her life. Her naked and decomposing body was discovered inside a locked cupboard in an Auckland building. Her murderer(s) walk free.
- Nozomu Shinozaki, 22, from Yokohama was killed in his school Columbus Academy in West Harbor, West Auckland, New Zealand.
- Birgit Brauer. Birgit, 28, a German tourist, was beaten, stabbed and strangled to death near New Plymouth, New Zealand.
- Margery Hopegood. Margery, an English tourist, was stabbed to death in a toilet block in Hamilton, New Zealand.
- A honeymooning Japanese tourist was killed and 11 people injured when a jet boat crashed in New Zealand’s adventure tourism center of Queenstown, police said.
- Reiko Kunimatsu, 24, a photography student in Dunedin on New Zealand’s South Island, and her mother, Shoko, 57, who had arrived in the country in December to attend her daughter’s graduation were killed when the car they were riding in was struck by a train at a crossing without warning lights, gates or bells, police said.
- Another Chinese Woman Leaves New Zealand in a Body Bag
- How Dangerous is New Zealand for visitors, Asians, women, children?
- The 1,372nd Tourist Was Killed in New Zealand!
- Asian woman shot in Auckland
- Behold, They’ve Killed Another Toursit Again … Again …
- New Zealand Racist Storm Worse Than China Quake
- Third Asian Murdered in New Zealand in One Week!
- New Zealand: A Tourist Deathtrap
- You Want to Work in New Zealand?
- Mr Wolfie Kills another tourist in NZ: A Swiss electrician! [NZ police say Christophe Paul Breisinger, 23, a Swiss electrician on a working holiday was struck by a train as he walked on a railway line. If you believe NZ police …]
- Another English Tourist Killed Again in New Zealand One More Time (!)
- American tourist killed in New Zealand
- http://www.stuff.co.nz/4405769a11.html A 25-year-old Korean national was killed on NZ State Highway 2 (Feb 17, 2008 )
- http://www.stuff.co.nz/4384845a11.html A British tourist killed in bus crash, fate of the other seriously injured tourists unknown
- http://www.stuff.co.nz/thepress/4386040a6009.html Roads claim nine lives during weekend
- http://nz.news.yahoo.com/080204/3/3ua9.html One person is dead and two seriously injured in a tourist bus collision yesterday.
- http://www.stuff.co.nz/4354764a11.html Crash raises road toll to 11 for January
- http://www.stuff.co.nz/4342068a10.html Tourist bus crashes with van, 1 dead.
- http://www.stuff.co.nz//198597 Three female Korean tourists, aged 18, 19, and 34, had their right arms amputated after the crash. Another passenger suffered a fractured eye socket.
- http://www.stuff.co.nz/4322877a11.html Eight Chinese tourists were taken to hospital, one with serious injuries.
- http://www.stuff.co.nz/4240038a23955.html West Coast bus crash injures 21 overseas tourists [with 10 receiving severe injuries such as fractured limbs.]
- http://www.stuff.co.nz/4273025a6047.html One tourist was killed and Eight others are in a critical condition after a head-on crash in Waikato.
- http://www.stuff.co.nz/4342236a11.html 22 foreign tourists run for their lives after their bus catches fire
- A 46-year-old Malaysian woman was raped in Auckland
- Canadian Tourist Murdered?
- Murdered in New Zealand in the Prime of Her Life
- “Lousy NZ drivers blamed for high death toll”
- 3rd Tourist Bus Gutted by Fire: “Lucky” Tourists Scape Death
- NZ Tourism Kills 4 More Chinese (HK) Tourists
- Six English and Dutch Tourists Injured in Knife Attack
- School camp deaths ‘disasters in waiting’
- Another schoolgirl murdered and dumped in a New Zealand river
- Black Zimbabwean Tourist Killed in New Zealand
- Another Tourist Killed in New Zealand
- A Day in the Life of Murder
- Tourists Killed on New Zealand Roads
- The most violent and deadliest tourist destination
- Numbers of Tourists Leaving New Zealand in Body Bags!
- Killed in New Zealand: Emily Louise Jordan, 21, of Worcester, England
- Road Deaths in New Zeelend“Lousy [#@$%^&] NZ drivers blamed for high death toll”
NZ almost as deadly for foreigners as IRAQ
Did you know that between January 1, 2000 and October 6, 2009 at least 1,617 foreigners were killed in New Zealand? [The 450 permanently missing American, Chinese, Japanese, Korean … nationals are not included] That is as many as 37.2 percent of all US troops killed in Iraq during a comparable period. [Between March 2003 and October 6, 2009, some 4,349 US military personnel were killed in Iraq—officially acknowledged.]
New Zealand Deadlier for Foreigners than Afghanistan
No. of Foreigners Killed in New Zealand from January 1, 2000 to December 31, 2009: At least 1,762
Coalition Military Fatalities between 2001 and December 27, 2009 : 1,485
[Note: The above stats do NOT include the 450+ foreigners who are missing in New Zealand without a trace!]
Victims of New Zealand Tourism
Karen Aims. Karen, 26, a visitor from Orkney Islands, was brutalized and murdered in Taupo, New Zealand.
Heidi Paakkonen. Heidi, 21, and her fiancé, Sven Hoglin, 23, Swedish tourists, who were returning to Sweden to marry were brutally murdered. The remains of Heidi Paakkonen’s who might have been 14 weeks pregnant at the time of her murder, are missing.
Kayo Matsuzawa. Kayo, 29, a Japanese tourist, thought New Zealand was a safe place to visit – a mistake that cost her life. Her naked and decomposing body was discovered inside a locked cupboard in an Auckland building. Her murderer(s) walk free.
Birgit Brauer. Birgit, 28, a German tourist, was raped, beaten, stabbed and strangled to death near New Plymouth, New Zealand.
Margery Hopegood. Margery, an English tourist, was raped and stabbed to death in a toilet block in Hamilton, New Zealand.
Names of victims of Christchurch earthquake 2011
As at 9 February 2012, the official earthquake toll was 185 victims.
115 people died in the Canterbury Television (CTV) building
18 people died in the Pyne Gould Corporation (PGC) building
8 people died on buses in the central city
28 people died in other areas of the central city
12 people died in suburban locations
Location map of earthquake fatalities [PDF, 305KB].
The majority of victims were identified through the Police disaster victim identification process, or were visually identified at Christchurch Hospital. Four victims were unable to be identified.
In addition to the 181 victims identified through the Police disaster victim identification process, the Chief Coroner has determined that an additional four deaths were directly associated with the 22 February earthquake.
Vctims by Nationality (Blog Assessment)
United Kingdom: 4
South Korea: 2
Residents with Chinese Names: 2
and 1 each from the following countries
Unnamed Arab Country
Resident from unnamed European country
Blog totals: 96 foreigners + 89 NZers (including at least 10 victims who recently emigrated to NZ)
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z – other victims – unidentified victims
Dr Maysoon Mahdi ABBAS, age 61 Emigrated to NZ
Lalaine Collado AGATEP, age 38 (female) from the Philippines 1
Dr Husam Sabar AL-ANI, age 55 of Christchurch (a NZ citizen from Iraq) Emigrated to NZ
Jane-Marie ALBERTS, age 44 of Christchurch Emigrated to NZ
Mary Louise Anne Bantillo AMANTILLO, age 23 (female) of the Philippines 2
Emmabelle Cabahug ANOBA, age 26 (female) of the Philippines 3
Jayden Brytane ANDREWS-HOWLAND, age 15 of Aranui, Christchurch
Marina ARAI, age 19 (female) of Japan 1
Linda Isobel ARNOLD, age 57 of Christchurch
10. Dr Dominic Joseph Gerard BELL, age 45 of Christchurch Emigrated to NZ
Valquin Descalsota BENSURTO, age 23 (male) of the Philippines 4
Heidi Julie BERG, age 36 (female) of Christchurch Emigrated to NZ
Matthew Lyle BEAUMONT, age 31 (male), of Christchurch
Carey Stuart BIRD, age 48, a NZ citizen resident in Australia
Andrew James Llewellyn BISHOP, age 33 of Christchurch
Nina Jane BISHOP, age 32 of Christchurch
Pamela (Pam) Maree BRIEN, age 54 (female) of Christchurch
Rhys Frank BROOKBANKS, age 25 of Christchurch
Melanie Jane BROWN, age 54 of Christchurch
20. Henry Ross BUSH, age 75 of Christchurch 11
Ivy Jane CABUNILAS, age 33 of the Philippines 5
Yu CAI, age 31 (female) of China 1
Ian Neville CALDWELL, age 47 of Christchurch
Cristiano CARAZO-CHANDLER, age 35 (male) of Christchurch Emigrated to NZ
Helen Margaret CHAMBERS, age 44 of Christchurch
Yang CHEN, Age 29 (female) of China 2
John Kristoffer Villegas CHUA, age 24 (male) of the Philippines 6
Susan Patricia CHUTER, age 52 of Christchurch
Stephen COCHRANE, aged 43 of Bromley, Christchurch
30. Rachel Elizabeth CONLEY, age 27 of the United States of America 1
Philip Graeme Reeve COPPEARD, age 41 of Christchurch
Patrick John COUPE, age 46 of Christchurch
Donald Ashby COWEY, age 82 of Christchurch
Andrew Christian Ross CRAIG, age 46 of Christchurch
John Barry CRAIG (known as Barry), age 67 of Christchurch
Estelle Marie CULLEN, age 32 of Christchurch
Dr Tamara CVETANOVA, age 42 (female) of Serbia, resident in Christchurch 21
Betty Irene DICKSON, age 82 of Christchurch
Joanna Clare DIDHAM, age 35 of Christchurch
40. Jennifer Ann DONALDSON, age 55 of Christchurch
Paul Clarence DUNLOP, age 67 of Rolleston Selwyn District
Marielle FALARDEAU, age 60 of Canada 1
Dian Mary FALCONER, age 54 of Christchurch
Adam Stephen FISHER, age 27 of Belfast, Christchurch
Maureen Valerie FLETCHER, age 75 of Christchurch
Ian FOLDESI, age 64 (male) of Christchurch
Jewel Jose FRANCISCO, age 26 of the Philippines 7
Samuel Reese GIBB, age 27 of Christchurch
Jaime Robert McDowell GILBERT, age 22 of Christchurch
50. Joanne May GILES, age 60 of Christchurch
Baxtor Warwick GOWLAND, age 5 months of Christchurch
Elizabeth Jane GRANT (known as Jane) age 51 (female) of Belfast, Christchurch
Natasha Sarah HADFIELD, age 38 of Kaiapoi
Yuki HAMASAKI, age 23 (female) of Japan 2
Xiling HAN, age 25 (female) of China 3
Tamara Lia HARCA, age 59 (female) from Romania, resident in Christchurch
Jayden HARRIS, age 8 months of Christchurch
Yuki HASUMOTO, age 22 (female) of Japan 3
Yumiko HATA (female), age 29 of Japan 4
60. Miki HAYASAKA, age 37 female) from Japan 5
Wen HE, age 25 (female) of China 4
Jen/Jin HII, age 34 (female) of Malaysia 1
Yuko HIRABAYASHI, age 28 (female) from Japan 6
Yoshiko HIRAUCHI, age 61 of Japan 7
Marion Isabella McKirdy HILBERS, age 49 of Christchurch
Christopher Grant HOMAN, age 34 of Christchurch
Amanda Jane HOOPER, age 30 of Rolleston, Christchurch
Megumi HORITA (female), age 19 of Japan 8
Hifumi HOSHIBA, age 41 (female) from Japan 9
70. Siwen HUO (female), age 28 of China 5
Haruki HYAKUMAN (male), age 27 of Japan 10
Rika HYUGA, age 30 (female) of Japan 11
Toshiko IMAOKA, age 34 (female), of Japan 12
Gabi INGEL, age 22 of Israel 1
Thanydha INTARANGKUN, age 36 (female), of Thailand 1
Tomoki ISHIKURO, age 19 (male) of Japan 13
Kyle Brandon JACK-MIDGLEY, age 27 from Christchurch 40
Man JIN, age 26 (female) of China 6
Kayo KANAMARU, age 19 (female) of Japan 14
80. Kyoko KAWAHATA, age 20 of Japan 15
Beverley Faye KENNEDY, age 60 of Christchurch
Saori KIKUDA, age 19 (female) of Japan 16
Yasuhiro KITAGAWA (male), age 39 of Japan 17
Chang LAI, age 27 (female) of China 7
Wai Fong LAU, age 87 of Christchurch Emigrated to NZ
Hsin Hung LEE, age 32 (female) of Taiwan 1
Normand LEE, age 25 of Christchurch Emigrated to NZ
Jin-Yan LENG, age 30 (female), of China 8
Ofer LEVY, age 22 of Israel 2
90. De LI, age 18 (male) of China 9
Wanju LI, age 44 (female) of China 10
Xia LI (female), age 42 of China 11
Phimphorn LIANGCHUEA (female), age 41 of Thailand 2
Adrienne Isobel LINDSAY, age 54 of Christchurch
Haruthaya LUANGSURAPEESAKUL, age 32 of Thailand 3
Scott William Emerson LUCY, age 38
Catherine McNicol LUNNEY, age 62 of Christchurch
Donna Merrie MANNING, age 43 of Christchurch
Kelly Lynn MAYNARD, age 43 of Christchurch
100. Philip John McDONALD, age 57 of Ashburton
Matthew Stuart McEACHEN, age 25
Owen Thomas McKENNA, age 40 of Christchurch
Teresa MCLEAN (nee ELMS) age 40 (female) a NZ Citizen from Great Britain, resident in Kaiapoi UK 4
Heather Marilyn MEADOWS, age 66 (female) of Christchurch 50
Ezra Mae Sabayton MEDALLE, age 24 (female) of Philippines 8
Janet Dawn MELLER, age 58, of Christchurch
Adrienne MEREDITH, age 36 of Christchurch
Ofer Binyamin MIZRAHI, age 22 of Israel 3
Kelsey Sinitta MOORE, age 18 of Christchurch
110. Emi MURAKAMI, age 19 (female) of Japan 18
Jillian Lesley MURPHY, age 48 of Christchurch
Melissa Ann NEALE, age 41 of Wellington
Erica Avir Reyes NORA, age 20 (female) of Philippines 9
Blair James O’CONNOR, age 34 of Christchurch
John Joseph O’CONNOR, age 40 of Ireland
Noriko OTSUBO, age 41 (female) of Japan 19
Linda Rosemary PARKER, age 50 of Christchurch
Joseph Tehau POHIO, age 40 of Christchurch
Taneysha Gail Rose PRATTLEY, age 5 weeks of Christchurch
120. Wanpen PREEKLANG, age 45 (female), of Thailand 4
Jessie Lloyd REDOBLE, age 30 (male) of the Philippines 10
Deborah Ann ROBERTS, age 39 of Christchurch 60
Joseph Stuart ROUTLEDGE (known as Stuart), age 74 of Christchurch
Lucy ROUTLEDGE, age 74 of Christchurch
Saya SAKUDA, age 19 (female) of Japan 20
Yoko SAKURAI, age 27 (female) of Japan 21
Jeff Pelesa SANFT, age 32 of Christchurch Emigrated to NZ
Gillian SAYERS, age 43 of Christchurch (UK citizen) 1
Susan Lyn SELWAY, age 50 (female) of Christchurch
130. Emma SHAHARUDIN, age 35 of Lincoln, Christchurch Emigrated to NZ
Dr Allan Alexander SINCLAIR, age 45 of Christchurch
Christopher Patrick SMITH, age 48 of Selwyn
Christine Patricia (Trish) STEPHENSON, age 61 of Christchurch
Beverley May STICK, age 71 of Christchurch
Earl Nicholas STICK, age 78 of Christchurch
Neil Glyn STOCKER, age 58 70
Michael Stuart Coulter STYANT, age 41 of Christchurch
Yoko SUZUKI, 31 (female), of Japan 22
Te Taki (Wally) TAIRAKENA, age 60 of Christchurch
140. Hiroko TAMANO, age 43 (female), from Japan 23
Brian Warrington TAYLOR, age 66 (male) of Christchurch
Isaac James THOMPSON, age 21, of Rangiora
Desley Ann THOMSON, age 32 of Christchurch
Lesley Jane THOMSON, age 55 of Christchurch
Gregory James TOBIN, age 25 of the United Kingdom (visiting Christchurch) 3
Shane Robert TOMLIN, age 42 of Christchurch
Asuka TSUCHIHASHI (female), age 28 of Japan 24
Hui Yun TU (female), age 22 of China 12
Yurika UCHIHIRA, age 19 (female) of Japan 25
150. Amanda Jayne (Mandy) URIAO, age 38 of Christchurch
Jittra WAITHAYATADAPONG (female), age 40 of Thailand 5
Limin WANG, age 32 (female) of China 13
Tao WANG, age 29 (female) of China 14
Graham WEILD, age 77
Joan Dorothy WEILD, age 76 80
Lisa Patricia WILLEMS, age 43 of Christchurch
Julie Kathryn WONG, age 37 of Christchurch (dual UK and NZ citizenship) 2
Siriphan WONGBUNNGAM, age 27 of Thailand 6
Murray John WOOD, age 56 of Christchurch
160. Owen Morris WRIGHT, age 40 of Lyttelton
Stephen Robert WRIGHT, age 46 of Christchurch
Paul Khye Soon WU, age 60 of Christchurch (NZ citizen from Malaysia)
Sisi XIN, age 28 (female) of China 15
Linlin XU, age 26 (female) of China 16
Xiujuan XU, age 47 (female), of China 17
Ayako YAMAGUCHI, age 30 (female) of Japan 26
Mina YAMATANI, age 19 (female) of Japan 27
Didem YAMAN, age 31 (female) of Turkey 1
Caiying YE, age 27 (female) of China 18
170. Saki YOKOTA, age 19 (female) of Japan 28
Gilhwan YU, age 23 of Korea 1
Naon YU, age 21 (female) of South Korea 2
Hui ZHANG (female), age 34 of China 19
Weiyu ZHANG, age 30 (female) of China 20
Di-Di ZHANG, age 23 (female), of China 21
Yantao ZHONG, age 31 (female) of China 22
Xioa-Li ZHOU, age 26 (female), of China 23
The Chief Coroner has determined that an additional four deaths were directly associated with the 22 February earthquake.
Reta STEWART, age 81 (female) of Christchurch
Iris BOTTING, age 88 (female) of Christchurch
180. Elizabeth SINCLAIR, age 76 (female), of Christchurch
Pamela Christina BARKLE, age 72 (female), of Christchurch
Shawn LUCAS, age 40 (male) of Christchurch
Rhea Mae SUMALPONG, age 25 (female) of the Philippines 11
Elsa TORRES DE FROOD, age 53 (female) of Peru (NZ resident)
185. Valeri VOLNOV, age 41 (male) of Russia (NZ resident)